Thunder & Lightnin'

ZenoRazon

Falcons have had a few over the last 10 years or so

DVD -  Dunn/Vick/Duckett   lightning struck twice before you heard the thunder

Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood
Michael Turner and Jaquizz Rodgers

yo a lesser extent now

Freeman and Coleman/Ito     Freeman runs with alot of power for his size and Coleman is much more of a speed finesse run.

18 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That one year when Chris Johnson and LenDale White both played pretty well.

Was my first thought as well.

2008 Lendale went for 773 and 15 touchdowns on 200 attempts and CJ went for 1228 and 9 TDs on 251 attempts with a bonus 260 yards receiving and 1 TD on 43 catches.

2009, CJ went for 2006 yards rushing (6th all time, youngest player to break 2000) and 14 TDs on 358 attempts with a bonus 503 yards receiving and 2 TDs on 50 catches for 7th all time in APY. Lendale had 64 attempts for 222 yards and 2 TDs.

On 12/21/2018 at 4:58 AM, ZenoRazon said:

Heard a TV guy talking about Mark Ingram as Thunder and Alvin Kamara as Lightnin'.  These guys are close to the same size and not all that dramatically different when it comes to running style. 

I just don't see it. 

Big Mike  Alstott and little speedy Warrick Dunn, yep...Thunder & Lightnin'  Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris, hell...Bronko Nagurski and The Galloping Ghost Red Grange.....Thunder & Lightnin'.  Obviously the classic would be Army's Mr.Inside (Doc Blanchard) & Mr. Outside  (Glen Davis a 9.6 man))  both won the Heisman, but that's college.

I get Ingram and Kamara aren't a fullback with a running back****, those days are gone.  What we now have is....a change of pace.  That big banger and that zoooommm.

Other than the ones I mentioned.  Who is the best Thunder & Lightnin' duo in your opinion?  This can be that classic back in the day fullback/tailback or what we see today.

I have one in mind that's got lost with time.

**** I do think a FB/TE in front of a speedy RB would be great.  Will he block, go out for a pass, bang the line? A place for a Tebow, hell..will he throw?  Chargers**** had fullback Keith Lincoln in front of Oregon State hurdler Paul Lowe, Lincoln passed, blocked, kicked, punted, return kicks and punts. ran the ball, caught the ball.  With Lowe (first play in franchise history he returns a KO 105 yards) averaging close to 5 yards a carry. Probably the greatest "who?" RB ever.

****  that Charger team should have been the first AFL team in a SB.

doesn't Kamara run a 4.5? not quite fast enough to be nicknamed lightning

FWIW, Ingram and Kamara are called "Boom and Zoom" not thunder and lightning.

But yes, they are not drastically different players. People pigeonhole them because people like to put things in nice convenient categories and boxes, but Ingram is a better screen runner than Kamara and is excellent overall in the passing game. And Kamara can run between the tackles and truck guys just like Ingram can. Stylewise they're pretty different, Ingram's a bowling ball and Kamara's an upright glider, but they both have well-rounded games and are both deserving of #1 RB status on almost every team.

Archived