17 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen?

• Marvin stays
    • Hue takes over
    • Joseph gets hired as HC
    • Jay Gruden comes back
    • Mike Brown hires an outsider

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

One of my friends knows a few guys in the bengals organization and tells me stuff. It’s usually 50/50

They'll probably be one of the last ones to hire a HC.  I doubt they've zeroed in on anyone yet, because they're probably 1-2 weeks away yet.  That's my logic anyway.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

They'll probably be one of the last ones to hire a HC.  I doubt they've zeroed in on anyone yet, because they're probably 1-2 weeks away yet.  That's my logic anyway.

I hope they announce it like 5 days after the Saints are done ;-)

23 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Todd Monken is who I'm hoping the Bengals hire, and with GB hiring LaFleur, Jets being interested in Kliff, and the Bucs seemingly about to hire Arians, we might be well positioned to get him...

So one thing i don't understand is why, if Monken is a great candidate, did Tampa not consider him?

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

So one thing i don't understand is why, if Monken is a great candidate, did Tampa not consider him?

Tampa has had a weird relationship with him tbh.  The offense was putting up some great numbers and then Dirk decided he wanted to take over play calling and the offense tanked.  The play calling went back to Monken and the offense was fine again.

Also, Tampa did pretty well with Arians + Bowles.

The one question that's tough to answer is what his staff would look like (tough to answer for any candidate with the information we have).  If Monken doesn't have good OC/DC candidates, I'm fine with passing on him...

I have a feeling if Vance Joseph, Darrin Simmons, Bill Lazor or Hue Jackson were the guys they would have been hired by now. I think we're waiting for the team of the coach we want to be eliminated before we make an offer. I'm hoping that guy is Eric Bieniemy.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have a feeling if Vance Joseph, Darrin Simmons, Bill Lazor or Hue Jackson were the guys they would have been hired by now. I think we're waiting for the team of the coach we want to be eliminated before we make an offer. I'm hoping that guy is Eric Bieniemy.

That's the impression that I get as well.  If they love Joseph and want him to run the franchise the next decade plus, why not just hire him?  Seems pretty clear they are waiting on someone to finish their season.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

That's the impression that I get as well.  If they love Joseph and want him to run the franchise the next decade plus, why not just hire him?  Seems pretty clear they are waiting on someone to finish their season.

I think all it really tells us is that they are waiting to interview some more candidates (or candidate) from one of the current playoff teams.  I don't think the wait eliminates Joseph or Hue or Simmons.  They just want to talk to everyone on their list before they make the decision.

This franchise has proven time and time again that they're not impulsive. 

47 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm very concerned that Vance Joseph, Hue Jackson, and Greg Williams are all un-employed and Bengals have openings at HC, OC, and DC...

Don't fret and keep faith, my friend. Our next HC will not be announced until he is eliminated from the playoffs. 

Archived