GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants

canadaluvsdallas

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That's the word on the street, but I bet the 2nd half we pull some guys

Noooo!!!!! You guys need to win to give us a better chance for the #2 seed. If you are going to pull your starters in the 2nd half, at least build a big enough lead to win this game lol. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Noooo!!!!! You guys need to win to give us a better chance for the #2 seed. If you are going to pull your starters in the 2nd half, at least build a big enough lead to win this game lol. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we drop this one. We saw how the Cowboys play when the game doesn't mean much against IND. And the Giants are playing much much better than we are right now. And we are going to NY to play the meaningless game.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

They will almost assuredly play all of the first QT. And probably the 1st half. But...after that it is a giant coin flip.

Just know you guys need to build good habits for the postseason and it will help going into the postseason with a lot of momentum. A loss here could be costly and could hurt the confidence of your guys heading into the postseason. I think it is a no-brainier your starters need to play the entire game.....lol.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just know you guys need to build good habits for the postseason and it will help going into the postseason with a lot of momentum. A loss here could be costly and could hurt the confidence of your guys heading into the postseason. I think it is a no-brainier your starters need to play the entire game.....lol.

Have Zeke in Fantasy? I'd probably pick up Rod Smith.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Have Zeke in Fantasy? I'd probably pick up Rod Smith.

Nope, need the Cowboys to win increase our chances of keeping the 2nd pick. Need two of the following four things to happen to keep the 2nd pick and not drop the 3rd pick behind NYJ:

Cowboys beat Giants

Falcons beat Buccaneers

Browns beat Ravens

Broncos beat Chargers

The last one is definitely not happening. Browns over the Ravens is possible, but probably unlikely. So the best bet is probably the Falcons over the Bucs and the Cowboys over the Giants. 

The rest or not rest thing is a moot point to me. Either you play well or you don't; these are professional athletes after all. As a fan, I never thought we'd be having thus conversation at 3-5, so I'm just gonna accept whatever happens with rest this week and celebrate having bonus football in 2019. 

Idk mannnn

The way this JG team is? The proverbial rollercoaster?

I almost want to lose. We do better with a "nothing to lose" "backs against the wall" " "no one expects us to win" attitude.

When we get to comfy bad things happen. Kinda how we always play a little better as a WC and screw up when we get a bye. How we traditionally follow a big win with a ****ty loss, and vice versa. It's the JG way.

I don't want to lose, but if we do get embarrassed I expect good things in the WC round.  If we beat the breaks off the Giants, I'm nervous about the next week.

@DaBoys Im nervous as hell about the Seahawks regardless of what happens this week. That's what happens when you play a balanced team with solid coaching. Praying to god we get Minnesota but that's so unlikely it hurts. Kirk Cousins cant beat any NFC East team ever, and you better believe I Vike that. 

Garrett won't have this team any more or less prepared based on how the Giants game goes. He's consistent in his approach, which is his best attribute and his greatest flaw, imo.

Getting comfy to me is a factor based on how damn young this team is. Would be great to get some vocal veterans going this week to keep the kids in line. Looking at you, Sean Lee and Tavon Austin.

31 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

@DaBoys Im nervous as hell about the Seahawks regardless of what happens this week. That's what happens when you play a balanced team with solid coaching. Praying to god we get Minnesota but that's so unlikely it hurts. Kirk Cousins cant beat any NFC East team ever, and you better believe I Vike that. 

Garrett won't have this team any more or less prepared based on how the Giants game goes. He's consistent in his approach, which is his best attribute and his greatest flaw, imo.

Getting comfy to me is a factor based on how damn young this team is. Would be great to get some vocal veterans going this week to keep the kids in line. Looking at you, Sean Lee and Tavon Austin.

Some how getting to comfy seems to be a Cowboy thing. It's part of the media attention, and the glory. It was prevalent throughout Romos career too, and it seems to have been perfected under Mr.. 500 JG

We just seem to do better when we are on our last leg. 

Archived