Redskins release D.J. Swearinger

lavar703

Swearenger Cut Reveals Depths of Fanbase Mistrust

https://czabe.com/the-podcast/swearenger-cut-reveals-depths-of-fanbase-mistrust/

swearuse-740x493.jpg

What’s the saying… “damned if they do… damned if they don’t?” I think the Redskins did the RIGHT thing in letting a fake “leader” go after repeated warnings to keep things “in-house.” But sadly, Redskins fans deep and abiding hatred and mistrust of the organization’s suits, that they have somehow made this guy into a martyr.

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like a problem the "suits" need to fix. And no, this wasn't part of fixing it. 

You can’t keep a player who’s dividing the lockeroom and complaing about everyone else on the team, coaches and organization to the media while taking no accountability for how crappy he’s been playing lately.

The suit needs to go, but sadly I don’t think he will.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But you can keep a player who cursed the fans and the team and threatened to beat up a kid because he said it in private and wasn’t meant it for it to go public? 

I don’t think Foster should’ve been kept either. That said, Foster apologized, has Swearinger ever apologized for throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus publicly over and over again?

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Foster should’ve been kept either. That said, Foster apologized, has Swearinger ever apologized for throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus publicly over and over again?

Apologized? He only apologized because he got caught. He doesn’t deserve a roster spot, let alone continuing to be a captain. If Swearinger got released, Mason Foster should be our the door with him. 

And if you really want to show that you care about reshaping your franchise, Nicholson and Rueben Foster should be gone as well. 

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Apologized? He only apologized because he got caught. He doesn’t deserve a roster spot, let alone continuing to be a captain. If Swearinger got released, Mason Foster should be our the door with him. 

And if you really want to show that you care about reshaping your franchise, Nicholson and Rueben Foster should be gone as well. 

Dude, just take the coaches out of it and focus on if you were Swearinger’s teammate.

He has not shown any remorse on even craping on his own teammates for over a year. If I was on the team, I’d have a few choice words to say to him and I’d probably beat his ***. 

He’s not better than anyone else on the team, he’s part of the team. If I was his teammates I’d want him gone.

It remains to be seen what happens with the young guys. Nicholson was suspended, we’ll have to see if he learns. Ruben Foster is currently serving a suspension, we’ll have to see if he learns as well. If it were me, they’d be on their last chances for sure. If Foster or Nicholson have more issues next year then for sure I’d cut them.

As for Swearinger, this didn’t just start this year. He had trash things to say last year and he had been talked to and there was supposedly an understanding that would it stop, well then he goes and undermines his teammates and coaches for the 5th time or so, well sorry, hit the road!

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, just take the coaches out of it and focus on if you were Swearinger’s teammate.

He has not shown any remorse on even craping on his own teammates for over a year. If I was on the team, I’d have a few choice words to say to him and I’d probably beat his ***. 

He’s not better than anyone else on the team, he’s part of the team. If I was his teammates I’d want him gone.

It remains to be seen what happens with the young guys. Nicholson was suspended, we’ll have to see if he learns. Ruben Foster is currently serving a suspension, we’ll have to see if he learns as well. If it were me, they’d be on their last strikes for sure.

But his teammates were all tossing pictures of themselves with DJ in support of him. Seemed they all enjoyed being around him and hes fun to be around.

I wouldnt mind it if it was sending a proper message. Cause it would show running a team the right way. More like Saban would run it. As you could tell by the responses by the Bama boys like Allen. They know what to do and how to act/respond much because of Saban. But this wishywashy staff making excuses for some while getting rid of others is ridiculous. Going to take a hardline, it needs to be spread evenly, not pick and chose in the most biased of ways.

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But his teammates were all tossing pictures of themselves with DJ in support of him. Seemed they all enjoyed being around him and hes fun to be around.

I wouldnt mind it if it was sending a proper message. Cause it would show running a team the right way. More like Saban would run it. As you could tell by the responses by the Bama boys like Allen. They know what to do and how to act/respond much because of Saban. But this wishywashy staff making excuses for some while getting rid of others is ridiculous. Going to take a hardline, it needs to be spread evenly, not pick and chose in the most biased of ways.

Not all of Swearinger’s teammates were tossing around goodbye messages. It mostly came from the other secondary players.

We need more players like Allen & less like Swearinger.

We saw Alex Smith come in and act professional to the media, TWill and the OL do, Adrian Peterson did throw him a goodbye message but at the same time, AD has never said anything bad about his teammates or coaches to the media. Jon Allen, Kerrigan, PSmith and the DL and back up LBs have acted professional when speaking to the media and most of the secondary but Swearinger and Norman.

What Swearinger did was not leadership! That stuff needed to stay in house, I’ve been saying that for over a decade back to when Portis said crap about Zorn to the media back after a bad loss in 08. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Not all of Swearinger’s teammates were tossing around goodbye messages. It mostly came from the other secondary players.

We need more players like Allen & less like Swearinger.

We saw Alex Smith come in and act professional to the media, TWill and the OL do, Adrian Peterson did throw him a goodbye message but st the same time, AD has never said anything bad about his teammates or coaches to the media. 

What Swearinger did was not leadership! That stuff needed to stay in house, I’ve been saying that for over a decade back to when Portis said crap about Zorn to the media back after a bad loss in 08. 

Like I said though. I dont disagree with it if the message was the same across the board in holding guys accountable. Foster should have been dealt with if DJ was. Thats not a knock on what was done to DJ. Just a knock of the fairness and bias shown.

and you don't give an asset away. This is just plan dumb. Suspend him, fine him and then trade him next year. Swearinger has made out the best of anyone= he's getting paid and getting to live in Scottsdale. The Redskins get nothing from this except looking like they are stupid ( let an asset go for nothing, keep a captain who said far worse things about the fans and teammates, and of course keep girl beaters on the team). 

Lesson to Jay- Its far easier to come in as a tough guy disciplinarian and then to back off than it is to come in as a fluffy pile of jello and then try to become a disciplinarian. The second never works. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Like I said though. I dont disagree with it if the message was the same across the board in holding guys accountable. Foster should have been dealt with if DJ was. Thats not a knock on what was done to DJ. Just a knock of the fairness and bias shown.

Foster apologized! Swearinger has been talking ish about everyone else from players to coaches for over a year and he never apologized. That’s a huge difference. It obviously shows that he didn’t want to be a part of the team.

As Steve Czaban said, “Fake Leadership.” Just because you’re loud and outspoken, doesn’t mean you’re a good leader.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Foster apologized! Swearinger has been talking ish about everyone else from players to coaches for over a year and he never apologized. That’s a huge difference. It obviously shows that he didn’t want to be a part of the team.

As Steve Czaban said, “Fake Leadership.” Just because you’re loud and outspoken, doesn’t mean you’re a good leader.

If that minor decided to push charges after Foster threatened him. Would a, "Oh Im Sorry" have done the job in court?

He threatened a minor, a young school kid and got nothing. The coach defended him. Unacceptable.

Archived