Week 17: Bears (11-4) at VIKINGS (8-6-1)

Vikes_Bolts1228

I think we can take this one, especially if the Bears rest their starters.

Wild Card weekend in Chicago is when we're going to get slaughtered unless this team enters some kind of magical playoff mode like the Giants and Ravens used to. Chicago is just too hot right now. I see them rolling over us and the foundering Rams, then losing a close one to the Saints (who beat Seattle in the Divisional round).

In other words, the most likely NFC playoff lineup includes three teams I can't stand (CHI, SEA, NO), one team I'm indifferent to (LAR), one team I like a little that has no chance (DAL), and the Vikings. So unless we pull off several postseason miracles, I'll be rooting for the AFC come Super Bowl LIII.

23 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I think you guys win this easy. Vegas has you at over 5 point favorites so they aren't expecting a big fight from us. From a Bears perspective, I think this decision is a window into how Nagy thinks. I feel like he is way too in between about playing starters vs sitting them.  

Those odds might be due more to the expectation that Chicago will bench the starters. Idk if that's going to be the case.

The Bears are getting a big boost just before the start of the playoffs, as guard Kyle Long is being activated from injured reserve, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

Long has been out since October with a foot injury, but Bears coach Matt Nagy said this week he was cautiously optimistic that Long would be able to go against the Vikings on Sunday.

When healthy Long is one of the best guards in the NFL. He has had trouble staying healthy, missing eight games so far this year, six games last year and eight games the year before. But if Long is 100 percent for the Bears in the playoffs, that’s a significant improvement to their offense.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/29/bears-activating-kyle-long/

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Bears are getting a big boost just before the start of the playoffs, as guard Kyle Long is being activated from injured reserve, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

Long has been out since October with a foot injury, but Bears coach Matt Nagy said this week he was cautiously optimistic that Long would be able to go against the Vikings on Sunday.

When healthy Long is one of the best guards in the NFL. He has had trouble staying healthy, missing eight games so far this year, six games last year and eight games the year before. But if Long is 100 percent for the Bears in the playoffs, that’s a significant improvement to their offense.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/29/bears-activating-kyle-long/

I wonder how rusty he will be after missing so much time.  They may be glad to have him back, but will he be in midseason form?  Probably not would be my guess.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I wonder how rusty he will be after missing so much time.  They may be glad to have him back, but will he be in midseason form?  Probably not would be my guess.

I wonder if he will play much tomorrow or if they will work him in easy before the playoffs

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

This is a game the Vikings must show up for. Sure, we can still back into the playoffs with an Eagles loss, but they need to show that they can win a big game. This team is simply more talented than the Bears. They need to at like it. 

I wouldn't count on Philly losing to Washington. This is a must win game.

Archived