Week 17 GDT: Seeding, Playoffs Positioning, 2 Postseason Spots Up For Grabs

CKS97

Man... I don't know if the Saints will be able to make the Super Bowl. Hear me out here. They lost their last game of the season and ended up 13-3. No momentum going into the playoffs. I know they're the 1 seed, but you can't lose week 17 and go into a bye week. I mean if Brees and Payton have done it before, lose 1 or even 3 in a row going into the playoffs as the 1 seed, I could see an argument for it. I just don't see it though.  

/s

6 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Man... I don't know if the Saints will be able to make the Super Bowl. Hear me out here. They lost their last game of the season and ended up 13-3. No momentum going into the playoffs. I know they're the 1 seed, but you can't lose week 17 and go into a bye week. I mean if Brees and Payton have done it before, lose 1 or even 3 in a row going into the playoffs as the 1 seed, I could see an argument for it. I just don't see it though.  

/s

Joking aside, I am worried about our chances.  This oline looks plain bad, and Bears or Rams dline will be able to feast.  Thankfully we only play one or the other, as they will have to go through each other, but I don't like our chances against either at this point.  I think defensively, we can hold the Bears down and potentially win that game, but I have no faith we can hold the Rams offense down.  

I don't have too much confidence against any of the teams really.  

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Joking aside, I am worried about our chances.  This oline looks plain bad, and Bears or Rams dline will be able to feast.  Thankfully we only play one or the other, as they will have to go through each other, but I don't like our chances against either at this point.  I think defensively, we can hold the Bears down and potentially win that game, but I have no faith we can hold the Rams offense down.  

I don't have too much confidence against any of the teams really.  

Naaa man. Goff can't win in New Orleans. No chance tbh 

Hopefully we play each other in the championship g as me though. I just hope both wild card teams don't win. I don't want to have to play Seattle again.

( I know you said joking aside,  but I ain't jinxing us)

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

How did he do?  I didn't see the game but the stats didn't jump off the page.  I'm guessing that the Saints were resting a lot of starters though, so was he playing with a lot of second stringers?

He had a couple of good drives and TD pass.  He also had several missed throws and a bad INT.  

I won't judge him too harshly, since he was playing with backups and the oline was garbage.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He had a couple of good drives and TD pass.  He also had several missed throws and a bad INT.  

I won't judge him too harshly, since he was playing with backups and the oline was garbage.

It's just good to hear he is back in action.  I will watch the game soon and check out how he did. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

'da Bears are looking pretty darn good. 

Meh, lost to the Giants, beat the Rams, beat the Packers by 7 almost lost to the Niners and did pretty good today vs the Vikings. Not rolling in but not playing bad. My point was none of the playoff teams from the NFC are really hot right now. 

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Meh, lost to the Giants, beat the Rams, beat the Packers by 7 almost lost to the Niners and did pretty good today vs the Vikings. Not rolling in but not playing bad. My point was none of the playoff teams from the NFC are really hot right now. 

eagles 5 of 6 and beat two division winners in the last three weeks?

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

eagles 5 of 6 and beat two division winners in the last three weeks?

Last 8 got swept by their division winner and their butts kicked by the Saints. Three of those five wins by 1 score and the other two were sweeping the Redskins with what their backup and fourth string QB? I didn't realize what I said would be so controversial or offensive. No team in the NFC is really rolling into the playoffs IMO. 

Archived