Week 17 GDT: Seeding, Playoffs Positioning, 2 Postseason Spots Up For Grabs

CKS97

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm for all of the above but technically isn't there 5 or 6 spots up for grabs?

Vikings, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers,  Colts, Titans?

I count 3.

You and the Vikings fighting for one.

Us and the Titans fighting for one.

And Ravens/Steelers fighting for the third. 

EDIT: The Steelers of course can nab the other AFC spot if Colts/Titans tie. 

Both teams are really good, but I want nothing to do with TY Hilton in the playoffs. I think I read some insane stat, he's #3 in receiving yardage at NRG Stadium - it's Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, TY Hilton. That's absolutely insane, the Texans simply have no answer for him and he does whatever he wants. You could probably line him up at QB and he'd go crazy.

TY Hilton kills the Texans, need the Titans to win simply because of that.

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

Colts, Steelers and Eagles are who my gut tells me will be playing again this year. This is the Browns superbowl, and I feel bad for the Ravens having to lose to them to miss out (not really).

Browns hype has jumped the shark. Book it. 

As a Jet fan we need 3 of the following, plus a loss to NE, to secure the #2 pick. Ravens over Browns, Chargers over Broncos, Giants over Cowboys, Bucs over Falcons.

Browns and Falcons worry me. Giants at home against Cowboys backups and Chargers playing for #1 seed shouldn't be an issue, but its the NFL, ya never know.

Titans winning would be a massive upset even at home.   Why do I say that?  Well, seems like it's Gabbert time this week.

As much as Mariota has struggled this year, Gabbert in a must-win game is a major upset to bank on.   My opinion on Vrabel as a HC goes up about 100x if they can pull off the W today.

50 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

So annoying that all the meaningful games are at the 1:25 slot instead of the early slot. Outside the indy vs tenn game. Only game in the morning slot with any barring on the playoffs is NE game and HOU game. 

Well, that's kind of the point - the NFL gets more teams playing all out if they play all at the same time.  If a bunch of playoff scenarios vanish with 1 PM ET games, you get a lot of meh 4 PM ET games.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Personally I have enjoyed a break from football this week without a Thursday or Saturday night game. Wish the NFL would do this more often.

I can agree with no TNF.  Personally I’ve always argued that Thursday Night Football should become Saturday Night Football instead.  There would be no complaints about a short week from the players, it’s lined up for better ratings potential for networks, and people are more likely to go out and watch / attend a game on Saturday.  The problem is that college football has a monopoly on Saturday and the NFL legally isn’t allowed to compete with it on Saturdays during the regular season.  It doesn’t extend into the playoffs, so that’s why we’ve been seeing Saturday NFL games lately.  But I really wish they’d revisit it and work something out for earlier in the season.  I’m not sure I ever see it happening though

Archived