Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Celtics are basically betting on Brad Stevens to unlock a whole new Kyrie.  One that moves the ball, plays within the system, and guards the perimeter.  He has the talent to do all of it, he's actually a really good passer... we just rarely see it.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Oh man, and I thought the AD non-sense was only here in Boston. The Pelicans wont trade AD, nor should they. If this Cousins experiment doesn't work, they'll likely let him walk trade Jrue and try to build around AD with a totally new roster. As they should. Waiting on a guy like AD to become available would be a huge mistake.

If the Cavs would've taken the LA pick, thats the pick Ainge would've moved...Simple as that. This was a fair deal value wise for both teams, one of the few trades that isn't heavily swayed one way or the other. I have zero idea how Ainge got "taken to school". If the Nets pick lands outside the top 2, this trade is a big win for us.

Not saying it'll happen but stars get traded with two years left on their deal if the team doesn't think they'll stay.  Not sure why it gets written off as impossible.  

2 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

Celtics are basically betting on Brad Stevens to unlock a whole new Kyrie.  One that moves the ball, plays within the system, and guards the perimeter.  He has the talent to do all of it, he's actually a really good passer... we just rarely see it.

With Hayward, at least there's probably no one better as a teammate to help transition Kyrie. 

With essentially an entirely new roster, Horford and Hayward are probs gonna be like coaches. 

AD is a generational talent. I'd be ecstatic if the Pelicans were stupid enough to trade AD to us, but I don't see it happening at all. He loves New Orleans, he's had nothing but great things to say about the city, I see Boogie and him succeeding this year and even if it doesn't they can just blow it up and get a new HC, GM and see what they can do.

To be fair next years draft is loaded up top so if it's top 5 it's still a big win for Cleveland. Porter, Bagley, Doncic, Ayton and Bamba are all very highly regarded. I couldn't go into each of there games at this point but all of them have been talked about as the #1 overall pick.

Edited by Bullet Club

I really fail to see how its a big win for either team. Both teams got what they wanted. Celtics got a young star, Cavs got a high pick for when Lebron leaves and got a player they can still utilize to compete this season. Celtics still have the LA pick and Memphis pick.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I really fail to see how its a big win for either team. Both teams got what they wanted. Celtics got a young star, Cavs got a high pick for when Lebron leaves and got a player they can still utilize to compete this season. Celtics still have the LA pick and Memphis pick.

Yeah the Kings got what they wanted for Boogie. You know what that was? A HUGE LOSS FOR THEM 

Demolished is quite easily the over reaction of the century. He gave up a 1 year rental of IT with a bad hip, Jae Crowder, the Nets pick and a guy who MIGHT peak as a 3rd big on a decent team.

Kyrie isn't tapped out, he has a lot of room for growth and he's a big name for outside players. I'm completely fine with this trade but at least you're not on the other end of the spectrum where the idiots are acting like IT was a total trash player.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

So just because someone is a two-way player that means they're better than Kyrie Irving?  There's no way I would take Paul George over Kyrie Irving.

Because the drop off between Kyrie's offensive prowesss and PG's is small meanwhile there's a HUGE gap defensively. PG not that far offensively from KI, can rebound and play great defense.