2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, Nzd07 said:

You left out the part that Andy Dalton is not a very good quarterback and hasn't even come close to that kind of efficiency in any other season.

Let's be honest, Kirk Cousins isn't a very good quarterback either. 

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Dontcha know, Blaine Gabbert is better than Kirk Cousins too.  :D

Oh sure! Cousins and Peterman are on the same level!

I get that the Cousins hate is real and warranted but when you start comparing him to bottom-tier QBs, you're just trying to kid yourself at that point and letting the disdain blind you.

Cousins is what? 12-14th best QB?

Dalton is what? Maybe bottom 10?

C'mon. You guys are better than this.

16 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Oh God.

Cousins isn't near the level of bad as Dalton.

PFF has them as very close. Cousins is 14 and Dalton is 12. I think these two are in a similar tier. Cousins is closer to Dalton than he is to being a top 10 QB.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-final-list-of-pffs-highest-graded-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-in-2018

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I get that the Cousins hate is real and warranted but when you start comparing him to bottom-tier QBs, you're just trying to kid yourself at that point and letting the disdain blind you.

Agreed.  I have no problem with someone not liking Kirk Cousins.  I'm not a huge fan myself, but he's a top-half guy, and probably will be for the next several years.  He's not going to be the top-5 guy that we all want for the Vikings, but that's going to be okay.  But, now we, at the very least, know who's going to be the starting QB (save another freakin' injury), so we know what they're going to need to do to support him and make him the best that he can be, because he's here. 

Did you know that the Vikings haven't had a QB be the leading passer for them for more than 2 seasons in a row since Daunte Culpepper?  His last snap for the Vikings will have been 14 years ago next season, right around the time many of us signed up here.  

13 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Maybe what the poster was trying to say is that Dalton and Cousins led teams have very similar results.  In fact, Dalton teams have gone to more playoffs than Cousins teams, if I am not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Maybe what the poster was trying to say is that Dalton and Cousins led teams have very similar results.  In fact, Dalton teams have gone to more playoffs than Cousins teams, if I am not mistaken.

If he said that....sure. But he didn't mention anything about team success.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

If he said that....sure. But he didn't.

I really don't give a fig about Cousins, or any quarterbacks statistics.  The only stat that matters is what is in the win-loss columns, and who's holding the Lombardi at the end of the season.  Cousins could have top 5 quarterback statistics, but if it doesn't lead to at deep run in the playoffs...it's simply fools gold!

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I really don't give a fig about Cousins, or any quarterbacks statistics.  The only stat that matters is what is in the win-loss columns, and who's holding the Lombardi at the end of the season.  Cousins could have top 5 quarterback statistics, but if it doesn't lead to at deep run in the playoffs...it's simply fools gold!

I don't care if we have Nick Mullens behind center.

If we win the Super Bowl, he's the GOAT as far as I'm concerned!

5 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

He's not putting those top statistics up against competent teams either. He's what 4-25 against teams above .500?

You could flop Cousins with Dalton and I doubt you'd see any real difference in the W-L column for either team. Cousins might have higher highs and make some throws that Dalton can't make but both QBs seem to shutdown when it matters most, both teams for that matter too.

Archived