2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, Freakout said:

I would be fine with Jackson but I wanted Bevell over DeFilippo so what do I know.  

Moving forward with the times, looking for the next great thing is how you end up with DeFilippo.  Shurmur wasn't running anything fancy or flashy for us but it worked.  When you look around the league how many Sean McVay's do you see?  Matt Nagy has had success his one season thanks mainly to a coach he didn't hire.  Oh and he brought in Brad Childress to help him run the offense... that mastermind Nagy.

We hated Bill Musgravre when he was here but he landed in Oakland and Carr looked like a stud in his offense.  JDF replaced him and it went to crap.  Now he is stuck again in Denver with a bad quarterback like he was here.  It is almost like if you give all these bad coordinators good personnel they suddenly become good coaches.  Go figure.

Ding ding ding. Bengals' offense in 2015 was terrific. AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Eifert were all healthy and playing well.

21 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

It is worth noting that Andy Dalton had a career year under Hue. That's one reason he was given a HC opportunity after failing in Oakland.

And that "career year" is 3,250 with 25 TD & 7 INT in 2015 (Hue's 2nd & final season).

In 2014 (Hue's first season), he had 3,398 with 19 TD & 17 int.

Not really impressive...........

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

And that "career year" is 3,250 with 25 TD & 7 INT in 2015 (Hue's 2nd & final season).

In 2014 (Hue's first season), he had 3,398 with 19 TD & 17 int.

Not really impressive...........

You left out the part that Andy Dalton is not a very good quarterback and hasn't even come close to that kind of efficiency in any other season.

Eifert and Jones were both out in 2014. AJ Green is really good but you can't have a one receiver offense unless it's prime Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. The Bengals were still 15th in points for because their running game was great.

29 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

You left out the part that Andy Dalton is not a very good quarterback and hasn't even come close to that kind of efficiency in any other season.

Eifert and Jones were both out in 2014. AJ Green is really good but you can't have a one receiver offense unless it's prime Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. The Bengals were still 15th in points for because their running game was great.

The year before Jackson, Cincy had the 6th highest scoring offense, it dropped to 15th (sure, you can blame it on Eifert and Marvin if you want)  in Hue's first season and his 2nd season he got it back to where it was in 2013 at #6. The year after Hue, it was still at #6. 

What exactly is your point here? He can keep a ship on course?

Man.....exciting stuff.

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Oh...I don't know.  Seems like the Patriots players and staff did ok after Belichecks' dismal record as HC of the Browns.

Here's the funny thing, Belichick didn't have a dismal record with the Browns.  He had a dismal last year, because everyone knew they were leaving...otherwise, he had been hovering around .500 and had an 11-5 year the year before.  

To quote me in the other thread...

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

There's nothing to be undecided about him from me...Hue can go fly a kite, I don't want him anywhere near this football team.  

If not Stefanski, then you have to go with Adam Gase (if he's not hired as a HC elsewhere) or Jeremy Bates (who may or may not be back with the Jets, depending upon who they hire).  They both have significant experience as OC's, and likely would both have success working with Cousins, since they both actually had success working with Jay Cutler, whose game is far more similar to Cousins than we may realize (even if they aren't the same in personality).  

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Here's the funny thing, Belichick didn't have a dismal record with the Browns.  He had a dismal last year, because everyone knew they were leaving...otherwise, he had been hovering around .500 and had an 11-5 year the year before.  

Eh, 1 good season out 5.

Archived