GDT 2018: Wilcard Weekend - LA Chargers vs Baltimore Ravens - Sunday 1:05PM

drd23

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

This isn’t just on Jackson. The OL is garbage. There’s nothing Flacco does with that kind of pass protection.

Flacco would have the sense and presence to dump off at least one of those sacks though. Jackson is an electric talent but this just isn't his game. He's played horribly. Even when given time, he's done nothing. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Flacco would have the sense and presence to dump off at least one of those sacks though. Jackson is an electric talent but this just isn't his game. He's played horribly. Even when given time, he's done nothing. 

Have we been watching the same Joe Flacco over the years? The guy known for sacking himself and having zero pocket awareness?

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

This isn’t just on Jackson. The OL is garbage. There’s nothing Flacco does with that kind of pass protection.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Flacco gets sacked on those last two plays as well, so let's not pretend that's on him. James Hurst just got blown up twice in a row.

Either way, it's better to have Joe taking those hits at this point.

I mean, what do we expect to happen? We haven't figured out the Chargers' defensive front, our OL is getting manhandled, our WR's are dropping passes...a QB change won't solve that. If you go with Flacco you have to think that you've been beating their DB's all game long and that Lamar hasn't seen it. I don't think that's been the case.

Just now, DreamKid said:

Either way, it's better to have Joe taking those hits at this point.

Oh I don’t necessarily disagree. Jackson just isn’t getting it done. But switching to Flacco doesn’t work if the OL continues to get abused like this. They’re losing in both the passing AND the rushing game. It’s utterly pathetic. They’re losing in ALL of the 1on1 battles.

Archived