Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I really didn’t want Flowers. In part because it’s another Patriot but I just don’t think he’s all that special. I mean honestly though none of these guys are going to be some superstar pass-rusher. All of them have questions. Lawrence was the one guy who you can say was an elite pass-rusher and well worth what ever he gets. Both Smith’s are good players but they are pieces. Houston is the best rusher on the market but he’s also hit the 30 mark and has had some injury issues in the past. Barr has never played as a 3-4 edge rusher in the NFL. All question marks but this team IMO “HAS” to sign one of these FA rushers. I really don’t want to have to rely on a rookie to start. Plus it gives the team a little more wiggle room to go in a different direction in the draft if that big need is filled during FA.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I really didn’t want Flowers. In part because it’s another Patriot but I just don’t think he’s all that special. I mean honestly though none of these guys are going to be some superstar pass-rusher. All of them have questions. Lawrence was the one guy who you can say was an elite pass-rusher and well worth what ever he gets. Both Smith’s are good players but they are pieces. Houston is the best rusher on the market but he’s also hit the 30 mark and has had some injury issues in the past. Barr has never played as a 3-4 edge rusher in the NFL. All question marks but this team IMO “HAS” to sign one of these FA rushers. I really don’t want to have to rely on a rookie to start. Plus it gives the team a little more wiggle room to go in a different direction in the draft if that big need is filled during FA.

I too didn’t want another Patriots player who benefited from coaching.

Also he’s not a high sack guy, we don’t need another guy who “almost” got to the QB it’s time to find some guys who actually get to the QB

11 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Good lord... It's looking like we're going to have to pay a ridiculous amount for a pass rusher and a safety with the way that these markets are playing out.  I feel like Vaccaro might be as good as gone. 

Yeah, I’m sure that Collins contract complicated things. 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Damn... There's my value wr guy (wait till it comes out he's signing for 11m+ though). 

Good were still in on Tate and Cobb... Other than Tyrrell, no solid options outside. Maybe DJax... 

Not an outside guy but I keep saying Humphries would be a nice addition

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Good lord... It's looking like we're going to have to pay a ridiculous amount for a pass rusher and a safety with the way that these markets are playing out.  I feel like Vaccaro might be as good as gone. 

There's a lot of safeties available... Everyone knew Collins and Thomas were getting paid elite money(Amos and Joyner maybe too?... Maybe even Clinton Dix?). This next few tiers will be more manageable... And there will be plenty of talent there as well. Vaccaro is possibly outside the  top 10 safeties available... If that's who we want, it shouldn't be too expensive