Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

He’s easily a top 3 safety in the game. He’s elite not just good

I wont say that yet. But again he doesn't have to be top 3 to get to biggest contract at the position. My gut tells me we can sign him for around 12M per year if we get is done this year. But if we don't and he outplays Collins/Thomas there is no question in my mind that he will get the same 14M per year or more. That's why I hope we get his deal done this year.

23 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He’s easily a top 3 safety in the game. He’s elite not just good

He’s elite I’m sorry he can do it all, flat out cover, is good in the run game. Understand that how great Byard would be if we had consistent better corner play, we still don’t take advantage of his skill set & allow him to roam & play a lot of single high. 

18 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I wont say that yet. But again he doesn't have to be top 3 to get to biggest contract at the position. My gut tells me we can sign him for around 12M per year if we get is done this year. But if we don't and he outplays Collins/Thomas there is no question in my mind that he will get the same 14M per year or more. That's why I hope we get his deal done this year.

Not to derail the thread but I’m just curious, who are 3 safeties better than him in your mind?

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Not to derail the thread but I’m just curious, who are 3 safeties better than him in your mind?

I think there is no doubt he's in the discussion. I think  Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Harrison Smith, Landon Collins and Kevin Byard are the top 5 in no particular order. I don't think I could definitively say who the top 3 are from that group.

2 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I think there is no doubt he's in the discussion. I think  Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Harrison Smith, Landon Collins and Kevin Byard are the top 5 in no particular order. I don't think I could definitively say who the top 3 are from that group.

Collins isn’t even close to the safety Byard is. Hell, Collins is closer to Vaccaro than Byard. Also Berry isn’t the player he once was. Thomas is coming off a broken leg. Smith right now is the only one with an argument.

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

28 mill in cap space we got enough 

One of the top FA rushers left is going to want 11-15m a year. Saffold damn won’t be cheap as he likely wants his final payday as he’s 30. Plus coming off 2nd all pro, he’ll likely want to be the top paid OG or close to it so that’s 12-14m a year. Yea both are not happening...

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Landon Collins had 1 bad year & everyone is clowning him like he’s overrated. 😩🤦🏽‍♂️ Look I agree he’s not a great at covering but he isn’t that bad. Safety play is always about your counterparts in the secondary you play with period. Put players in position that’ll take advantage of their skill set don’t have him covering in space playing a lot of zone 

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Collins isn’t even close to the safety Byard is. Hell, Collins is closer to Vaccaro than Byard. Also Berry isn’t the player he once was. Thomas is coming off a broken leg. Smith right now is the only one with an argument.

Getting off topic lol. Point I'm making is Byard is going to be paid like the top safety regardless of his standing among other players. And It's scary to think we could have two players getting contract extensions that could come close to or top the $90-100M total value mark with him and Mariota. Especially if the consensus is Byard is the top player at the position.

Edited by lovetitans