2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

11 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

My take is the TE from Minn wants too much money to go to NE. If Minn trades him, it will probably be to Baltimore or the Jets.

Baltimore drafted 2 TEs last year in the 1st and 3rd rounds.  Cant see that happening.  They need outside threats, if anything.

I do agree Pats probably wont trade for him.  

As much as I don't like how Le'Veon Bell handled his business you know what he did not become mr. Big chest. I really don't hate Le'Veon Bell. Frankly I do wish you would still here I just don't feel like he was worth the money he was asking for and ultimately did not get the money he was asking for. Having said that I'm really sick and tired of the Patriots getting what equates to a free ticket to the playoffs every single year because their division is truly that bad

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As much as I don't like how Le'Veon Bell handled his business you know what he did not become mr. Big chest. I really don't hate Le'Veon Bell. Frankly I do wish you would still here I just don't feel like he was worth the money he was asking for and ultimately did not get the money he was asking for. Having said that I'm really sick and tired of the Patriots getting what equates to a free ticket to the playoffs every single year because their division is truly that bad

The Jets and Bills should be able to play them tough this year. I don't see them as real threats until the year after, though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly the number of tryout players that they added to me speaks volumes about how uncomfortable they are about their death and that they feel that these depths players are potentially easily replaceable

Or

it speaks to the fact that rosters are at 90 right now. 

This is far from being a unique situation to the Steelers. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Or

it speaks to the fact that rosters are at 90 right now. 

This is far from being a unique situation to the Steelers. 

That's possible but a few of those guys that they cut shared a lot of Promise in the past training camps such as Prince and keion Adams. Frankly I think it should be an indictment on the quality of tap that we have if Anthony chickillo has gotten to become a starter at any point again this season to me it's a problem. But the reality is that is the depth that we have. I'm not expecting All Pro backups but when it comes to the depth that we have on defense in the front seven it's pretty easily replaceable

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

That's possible but a few of those guys that they cut shared a lot of Promise in the past training camps such as Prince and keion Adams. Frankly I think it should be an indictment on the quality of tap that we have if Anthony chickillo has gotten to become a starter at any point again this season to me it's a problem. But the reality is that is the depth that we have. I'm not expecting All Pro backups but when it comes to the depth that we have on defense in the front seven it's pretty easily replaceable

Wait, so the narrative has now swung from "Keion Adams sucks, we should have done anything to get him off the roster" to "well, he showed some promise in TC!"? Anything to rag on Colbert and co I guess. 

But what depth are you worried about exactly? The 4th quarter of the preseason? Because thats the only depth these 5 affect. These 5 overall having a major effect on Chickillo is a leap - and thats not because he is good, its the reality of the NFL. The "our depth sucks if there is an injury" is rampant in the NFL. It's an NFL problem, not a Steelers ONLY problem. 

These cuts are not news, they are an FYI. Keion Adams had his chance last year and lost to an undrafted guy from Toledo. Then this year, they saw enough in a 2 weeks of Sutton Smith and some other no name from Toledo in a tryout to say Adams was expandable. That doesn't make me believe they think highly of Adams. 

I implore people to expand their football universe to the NFL and not just the Steelers bubble. The Saints made 10 moves yesterday, and they should have played in the Super Bowl last year. There were over 50 roster moves yesterday in the NFL, not including the Steelers. This stuff happens ALL THE TIME and its not an indictment of the depth, its not a story to continue to build a case against GMs and coaches...its the NFL at an absurd number of roster space that the player pool cannot match (it already has trouble matching 53 per team), trying to see which ones MIGHT have a 0.01% chance of making some noise. 

• Like 1