2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I will have to see how they figured this out .  Foster is a UDFA as in Finney, Feller and Hilton.  It is not like the Steelers are not finding UDFA that can be depth on the team.

I think they are only talking about Pittsburgh selected UDFA. That eliminates Hilton, I don’t know about Fieler, and the stats were only for players taken the last three seasons which eliminates Foster. 

17 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Baker Mayfield called Kareem Hunt a kid. I’m here for the outrage. Proceed.

I mean I don't know if there's going to be outraged but Baker Mayfield is also a kid and in fact is younger than Kareem hunt. Having said that Baker Mayfield to my knowledge isn't walking around beating up women so there is that

13 hours ago, warfelg said:

Im very impressed with Bens KDKA interview. Took on the blame for the issues, yet AB still tweets out bad stuff about Ben. 

Brown is an insecure diva who I I have zero respect for. I would have had no problem with him if he simply requested a trade due to his differences with Ben. But no, he made a spectacle of it, and made it clear that a lot of his temper tantrums were over money and his own childish insecurities. Regardless of how much at fault Ben may or may not have been for their failed relationship, Ben absolutely came out looking better in all of this then Antonio... Who has irreparably damaged his reputation and become known as a Terrell Owens type of locker room cancer. We will see how he is acting if Derek Carr isn't getting him the ball as much as he wants, or not getting it to him accurately.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

So after a couple of people brought it up I decided to go and listen to Ben Roethlisberger's comments and then I also listen to to his post OTA interview on Steelers Nation radio. I'm not going to sit here and pretend like he hasn't had interviews before where he's said all of the right thing but I don't know part of me feels like this feels different. To hear him take the blame at least in part and talk about how he needs to do better as a leader and he holds himself responsible if they're not making the playoffs because he is supposed to be the leader I mean yeah these are all the things he's supposed to say but I don't know like I said when you listen to the tone in his voice there is a lot of optimism in his voice and I feel like it's more genuine than it's ever been before. Maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear I don't know but I do know that I liked the interviews.

• Like 3

I put it this way: when guys that don’t say a lot to the media make comments you listen. DDC said that OTAs has more optimism than the past and the idea of doing something for the team was stronger than ever before and nothing was about the me, no one forced guys out for extra reps, no one went off to do their own thing. 

• Like 2

I'm only bringing this up because I talked about it on the terrible podcast Alex kozora and David Brian. Apparently Josh Jones Safety of the Green Bay Packers wants to be traded. He is a former second round pick personally I don't think there's any chance in hell that the Steelers trade for him I don't think they can afford him in terms of draft capital but where are they giving sake is there anybody here that disagrees with me in realistically thinks that we could make a play for him? Guess he gets traded I think it's more likely he gets traded to someplace like New England.

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

So after a couple of people brought it up I decided to go and listen to Ben Roethlisberger's comments and then I also listen to to his post OTA interview on Steelers Nation radio. I'm not going to sit here and pretend like he hasn't had interviews before where he's said all of the right thing but I don't know part of me feels like this feels different. To hear him take the blame at least in part and talk about how he needs to do better as a leader and he holds himself responsible if they're not making the playoffs because he is supposed to be the leader I mean yeah these are all the things he's supposed to say but I don't know like I said when you listen to the tone in his voice there is a lot of optimism in his voice and I feel like it's more genuine than it's ever been before. Maybe I'm just hearing what I want to hear I don't know but I do know that I liked the interviews.

i think ben took too much blame trying to be the stand up guy.

now you are going to have media and brown take bits and pieces of bens comments and say, "I told you ben was the problem"

I dont want to turn this into what it always turns into when you mention this name....but with all this talk of focus, Bens commitment to both conditioning and this team, and other factors leading into this team become a fairly tight knit unit (for the time being) its worth diving down a bar stool rabbit hole of conversation. So my question is:

Would a really strong season in 2020 be bad look for Mike Tomlin?

I have long considered it both a strength of Tomlins and a weakness with his "this is job" type mentality. I think thats why players love him as a coach, I also think its why we fall flat on our face far too often because its your "Job" to be prepared to play each week and thats not the best solution for some guys. I think it also why its a repeatable issue and not something wiped away after one or two occurrences. 

But the players, currently, seem to be as focused as you could be and as committed to each other and the team as you can be. Focus and Commitment are two things I do expect a coach to handle and be able to get from their teams. So if the Steelers, together as a unit, have a great year -- would that point to the inability to garner the teams focus as a detriment against Tomlins coaching style. We have seen plenty of examples in the past where focus and commitment have hindered our abilities to be a great team and to move forward in the playoffs. 

It dont even know that I believe it would. I think it can be both things - the players committing themselves to each other more and Tomlin taking unseen steps to prevent lack of focus, but I thought it was interesting to get others opinions. 

Edited by Dcash4
Cleared up dead space