2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Everyone hold your breath! Secrets are coming out!!! 

*Ben is an headcase too* 

This one is a dinner party for 2. 

The two can have it out every week behind closed doors and it's who the hell cares.

One guy quit on his team. Does anyone have another way to describe this?

Just now, CKSteeler said:

The two can have it out every week behind closed doors and it's who the hell cares.

One guy quit on his team. Does anyone have another way to describe this?

I don’t know tell us. You seem to understand the situation like you were there. 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

Trade dupree and burns and draft pick for Harris.

We would have to give up 2 1sts in that deal.  Why do that when a 3rd at most would get it done.

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

Trade Gilbert for Buchannon

Buchannon is a FA.

Doesn’t Brown have something like 1200 yds and 13tds or something like that?

2 things?

A)Off hand, I don’t remember anything specifically Ben called out AB for...if someone can tell me honestly?

B)AB has become a narcissistic pain in the -.... if this story is true, how could he honestly expect to play Sunday?

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t know tell us. You seem to understand the situation like you were there. 

I'm going off the reports of about a dozen different sources now that are in agreement on every detail outside of whether Brown held himself out of the game or if the team declined to play him.

So, yea, I don't have to be there. I don't really care about some practice dispute. It kind of is a big deal when the second highest paid player on your team thinks he can hold himself out of practices out of spite.

You know? Forget it. Some of you can go take these arguments into the general news forum. See what neutral fans think of them.

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

Doesn’t Brown have something like 1200 yds and 13tds or something like that?

1200 and 15.

2 things?

A)Off hand, I don’t remember anything specifically Ben called out AB for...if someone can tell me honestly?

B)AB has become a narcissistic pain in the -.... if this story is true, how could he honestly expect to play Sunday?

At the start of the season he said Brown isn't getting open and he trusts other guys more.  Then Brown started getting the ball more.  And then after the Jacksonville game he made a comment about having to make sure he targets Brown enough.  Then after the Broncos game he blamed the game ending pick on Brown for running the wrong route.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

We have a story here that Antonio Brown quit on his team in week 17. Not Ben's feelings were hurt and Brown was punished as a result. But that Brown held himself out at least until Sunday and may or may not have expected to play because he feels underappreciated somehow because he only caught 15 TD's and had 1200 something yards this year. He's pouting because they gave Juju the team MVP instead of him. A meaningless in-house award.

I don't care what sort of person Ben is. I don't care if he never tips anyone in his life. Some of you a few weeks back were desperately trying to blame him for the team holding him out of a must-win game in the second half, and now you're attacking him because Brown is a headcase (with his own off the field issues, anyway) and literally held himself out of practices and missed a game he could have played in.

That's madness right there.

It's amazing how you're allowed to just make things up, but other's aren't... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

So here's to me something underrated about Tomlin:

If a player never opened his mouth to the media (I'll give you 1 guess at who it was) this would have never gotten out.  I wonder how much more like this never got out?

Sweeping things under the rug and not holding guys accountable is an asset for a head coach now. I mean, this team is a picture perfect demonstration of discipline on and off the field here.

If Brown did what was reported, newsflash - there's no defending him. He needs to be called out publicly. And it's not the  behavior of a guy who is buying into the team long term.

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I don't really care about some practice dispute.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Sweeping things under the rug and not holding guys accountable is an asset for a head coach now. I mean, this team is a picture perfect demonstration of discipline on and off the field here.

If Brown did what was reported, newsflash - there's no defending him. He needs to be called out publicly. And it's not the  behavior of a guy who is buying into the team long term.

Which one is it.  Do you care or do you not care?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So here's to me something underrated about Tomlin:

If a player never opened his mouth to the media (I'll give you 1 guess at who it was) this would have never gotten out.  I wonder how much more like this never got out?

Shhh... You have to let our fans have it both ways...

Either Tomlin lost this locker room a long time ago and it's a miracle he was able to get head cases like Ben, Brown, and Bell to work together for years or... Tomlin is a good coach who has had to deal with primadonnas... 

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

It's amazing how you're allowed to just make things up, but other's aren't... 

I'm just sad that Antonio didn't Facebook Live the episode. Then we wouldn't have to speculate so wildly!
I wouldn't trust Ben around my 19 year old daughter. Some of you can't accept the fact that Brown is a selfish individual. It's kind of sad, really.