2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

if you have to decide on a trade, do you keep the QB that lead the league in INT's or the #1 WR in the league that has at least 5 more elite years and with his work ethic more is possible (he keeps getting better)

Maybe AB wanted to do this back in september when ben was throwing to the other team and virtually had his training cam pin september once again as he has for the last several years. AB works like a maniac in the offseason only to hav this QB not show up until october. Think about that if you are AB, and remember , they can't say they made the playoffs either.

Brown does not have 5 more elite years in him. But I don't trade either. I sit them down and tell them this childish behavior needs to stop. However, if I'm being honest, in terms of who it feels like wants to win now more, it seems a if it's Brown. It feels like Ben is ready to rest on his laurels in some capacities. I fear that AB will go down as an All-Time Great who does some crap like goes on to win a Super Bowl with New England or something...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

And that festered for 6 months causing Brown to throw a temper tantrum?

Look at what Brown has done in the past 12 months or so(IIRC)...

-Facebook lived while Tomlin talking to team

-Threatening his kids Mom on social media

-Speeding going 100 mph(I drove thru the area this occurred...lucky he didn’t kill anybody)

-Apparently calling cops and slamming door in their fave

-Throwing furniture off balcony coming relatively close to a small kid

-Reportedly has missed several charity and public events with no excuse given

-IIRC didn’t he threaten some local reporter or former employee over social media?

And now this...if true, he walked off, went AWOL for few days and thought he could just show up and play?

This is already in Diva territory coming close to TO or Ocho Cinco territory.

And yet not a single one of those things compare to a single thing Ben has done off the field, so let's not go there...

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

And yet not a single one of those things compare to a single thing Ben has done off the field, so let's not go there...

It's the off-season so why the hell not! What exactly did Ben do off the field outside his motorcycle escapades?

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It's Brown...

There's no way in hell it could be the guy who...

- Numerous former teammates has said is an ***.

- Has put his own personal enjoyment over the success of the team several times.

- Has a radio show where he has made comments about other players after his own mistakes.

- Has been accused of sexual assault twice.

- Has had special privileges given to him his entire career.

There are two huge egos at play here. Neither of which are perfect. However, of these two egos, one has demonstrated numerous times that he will play through injury and/or expedite his injury timetable to try and get back to the team in hopes it'll get them to a Super Bowl. One has routinely mentioned a desire for a Super Bowl almost monthly over the last 2 years whereas the other guy rarely speaks about it unless the media prompts him.

That said, if you ask me who I would rather have on the team going forward, it would be Ben. Not because  I feel him the better person or even the better player; But he's the more important player.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

And that has nothing to do with what’s currently going on...good deflection though.

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

And that has nothing to do with what’s currently going on...good deflection though.

You don't get to play that game. You don't get to mention things that aren't related to the current situation and then get upset when your hypocrisy is pointed out. That's not how it works.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder if juju winning MVP upset him like this lol

I don't want to be one to play the "who leaked the information" game but how could this be anyone OTHER than Roethlisberger? Who else would know that Brown talked with Ben afterwards (other than Brown himself)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You don't get to play that game. You don't get to mention things that aren't related to the current situation and then get upset when your hypocrisy is pointed out. That's not how it works.

I get to play it cause it shows a pattern of stupid behavior recently relating to this current event...not something that may or may not have happened 10 years ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I get to play it cause it shows a pattern of stupid behavior recently relating to this current event...not something that may or may not have happened 10 years ago.

Again, no you don't. You''re pathetically transparent. You don't get to play the "may or may not have happened" card when you prsent things that still haven't outright been proven regarding Brown. You're transparent in your stance. When you purposely manipulate the time of things on one stance (such as saying the FB Live thing happened 12 months ago when it was almost 2 years ago) while purposely ignoring the things that people have been critical about Ben for, your stance is pretty clear and it's not one without bias.

Edited by BlaqOptic

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

All of this is going to end up with AB not in Pittsburgh next season. So in addition to an average defense our formerly dominant offense is going to become an average one. Looks like we all get our wish.

does his contract make it impossible for us to trade him tho? it will eat up a lot of cap space

doubt brown retires a steeler tho

Just now, August4th said:

does his contract make it impossible for us to trade him tho? it will eat up a lot of cap space

doubt brown retires a steeler tho

Oh, believe that there are young teams that would definitely take that contract on. Especially ones with cap space and a young QB. Arizona, New York (A), Buffalo, Indianapolis*, Cleveland, and Oakland could all likely afford it with their young QBs. Sadly, I don't think that any of those teams has anything worthwhile to give us back as all are trending up (sans the Cardinals) so a 1st round pick would likely just be another late one.