2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

15 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

What do you think players are suggesting when they state that if the culture of their locker room is going to be fixed, they can't rely on their head coach?

I'd say they are being adults and taking on responsibility themselves stating they need to do a better job policing themselves (which they do) instead of acting like this is all the head coach's fault.  Tomlin also needs to do a better job (which he knows).

8 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I'd say they are being adults and taking on responsibility themselves stating they need to do a better job policing themselves (which they do) instead of acting like this is all the head coach's fault.  Tomlin also needs to do a better job (which he knows).

Players are saying that Mike Tomlin's handling of the situation was a bigger issue for them than the incident itself. And this is the spin you try and put on it.

13 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Players are saying that Mike Tomlin's handling of the situation was a bigger issue for them than the incident itself. And this is the spin you try and put on it.

Look I don't know what happened.  I don't care if we fire Tomlin although I wouldn't personally.  All I'm saying is I question a player if they think Mike Tomlin not telling them what happened immediately is worse than AB deciding to not show up to practice all week leading up to what was essentially a playoff game.  Makes me question whether or not that was the message those players were actually giving.

You can argue Tomlin made things worse although I bet we are having the same conversations if he had come out before the game and said AB was benched for not showing up.

Edited by grubs10
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Why would a player hate that their head coach tried to cover for another player and his team to try to keep issues in house and out of the media? That makes no sense. 

Benching a player for disciplinary reasons is a coaching decision. A player might be upset at a coaching decision that keeps an all world guy of the field for a must win game.

So are we now hating Tomlin for disciplining players that need disciplined? 

Edited by Dcash4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Look I don't know what happened.  I don't care if we fire Tomlin although I wouldn't personally.  All I'm saying is I question a player if they think Mike Tomlin not telling them what happened immediately is worse than AB deciding to not show up to practice all week leading up to what was essentially a playoff game.  Makes me question whether or not that was the message those players were giving.

You can argue Tomlin made things worse although I bet we are having the same conversations if he had come out before the game and said AB was benched for not showing up.

I think it's a net neutral if he told them or didn't.

He tells them: Some players are deflated going into the game knowing that their best player won't be on the field in a must win game.  They all play on eggshells wondering if coach has cracked.  Start looking for themselves rather than the team.  Or worse, they spill the beans to the media early as to what really happened and we have this going on while having to focus on a game.

He doesn't tell them, well we come out flat wondering why he didn't come in.  Players ignore it for the most part.  They don't say anything in the media because they don't know what's going on.

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Why would a player hate that their head coach tried to cover for another player and his team to try to keep issues in house and out of the media? That makes no sense. 

Benching a player for disciplinary reasons is a coaching decision. A player might be upset at a coaching decision that keeps an all world guy of the field for a must win game.

So are we now hating Tomlin for disciplining players that need disciplined? 

It's the whatever argument fits.

Keeps it in house: "Players feel like they can get away with anything."

Tells to the media: "Letting everything out of the locker room means you can't trust him!"

Takes on the blame for players: "See he's at fault for everything because he says blame him!"

Throws players under the bus: "He can't be trusted, nothing is his fault."

On and on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Tells to the media: "Letting everything out of the locker room means you can't trust him!"

Takes on the blame for players: "See he's at fault for everything because he says blame him!"

On and on.

Just strange that yesterday we were being told how big of a headcase AB was and that he brought it upon himself...and today, oh, it was Tomlins fault after all! 

There is probably a good quote about convieniece somewhere...but I don’t care to look it up. 

Mike Tomlin didn't even address the matter with the team on Monday.

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Back to putting the blame of individuals actions on the HC?  You stay you.

It's inconceivable that at any point in time over the last 8 years of working with Antonio Brown, that Mike Tomlin has in anyway shape or form enabled this sort of behavior. Inconceivable.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Mike Tomlin didn't even address the matter with the team on Monday.

It's inconceivable that at any point in time over the last 8 years of working with Antonio Brown, that Mike Tomlin has in anyway shape or form enabled this sort of behavior. Inconceivable.

Again no one said that.  Your making crap up in posts to try to be right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Just strange that yesterday we were being told how big of a headcase AB was and that he brought it upon himself...and today, oh, it was Tomlins fault after all! 

There is probably a good quote about convieniece somewhere...but I don’t care to look it up. 

The argument of convenience is the easiest to make.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

On and on.

The reports are coming from the players in the locker room. Reportedly veteran players. It's the opinion of multiple players on the team that Tomlin handled this wrong.

None of the reports I've cited or even what I've argued has had anything to do with the public factor of it. It's how Tomlin handled things behind closed doors. My own opinion is that, yea, it's highly likely we're passed the point where Brown is going to change when everything he does is swept under the rug privately.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Again no one said that.  Your making crap up in posts to try to be right.

What am I making up? That players have told reporters that Tomlin never addressed the Brown situation with the team, even on Monday?

Or that you just essentially stated that Mike Tomlin isn't responsible for individual actions of players?

You've changed reasoning multiple times to fit the "blame Tomlin and only Tomlin" argument.

It's possible that AB is an *** and Tomlin handled it poorly publicly. That last parts important because even though some players are saying things without putting their name on it for this situation doesn't mean we know how the entire situation is handled for his entire career.