2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

2 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

Honestly even just this season Ben's tendencies to air his complaints with other players in the media lowered my respect for him more than anything Brown's done this year.

This is a lie because you always hated Ben. You just begrudgingly cheered for him when things were going well. He called out Brown once. Once in 8 years. If anyone really wants to pretend that saying that Washington has to make an easy play is calling someone out, be my guest. That was the extent of his calling anyone out. Meanwhile, Antonio Brown has shown people up publicly multiples times. And repeatedly it was Ben along with Tomlin and everyone else on the team covering for HIS selfish antics. Not because he's some great guy, but just because he's a great talent.

But even then - it's laughable to suggest that that one public comment trumps blowing off your team in a must-win week 17 game. Brown quit on his team. And not a single person, not even an anonymous source from within the locker room, has taken his side. Not one. They're all in with big'ol (allegedly as in the only evidence that exists strongly indicates no such thing happened) rapey Ben.

Roethlisberger is not the perfect teammate by any stretch of the imagination. Or some legendary leader. It's retarded - flat out retarded - to claim that Brown is somehow excused for how he handled himself because of it.

• Like 1

And I'll just reiterate for the record that I didn't like Roethlisberger's comments post-Broncos. But I strongly suspect there was a lot more to that than simply Ben being embarrassed and looking for someone to throw under the bus. I said so at the time. But odds are that working behind closed doors to resolve things with AB doesn't work. At least not really. It's why both the QB and the head coach look stupid right now. Both have really coddled him for years because he was great talent and, yes, a tremendous worker. A harder worker than Ben, I'm sure.

But a head case and a guy prone to a lot of mistakes of his own on the field. Ones that lead to some of those turnovers people want to pin entirely on their QB. And that's the funniest thing about all of this - this team has force fed this guy the ball (along with Leveon Bell) to the detriment of the offense overall for years. Even this year when it supposedly changed, he still led the league in targets. And the majority of interceptions came on passes thrown to him. Roethlisberger has MVP numbers throwing to everyone else this year but Brown.

Edited by CKSteeler

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The team force fed Brown? I don't remember Mike Mitchell or Cam Heyward throwing the ball to AB too many times. 

I think when over a 6 year period you are the most targeted WR in the league, there's probably a pretty big team element to that, personally.

But I look forward to the Josh Rosen to AB connection in the future. I'm sure it'll be much more efficient.

I've purposely avoided these topics the last couple of days because I've realized we've got a lot of arm chair psychology going on. People pretending to know what Brown and Ben and Bell and Tomlin and Rooney and whomever are thinking and why as if they've spent every waking moment with them. Annoying...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I've purposely avoided these topics the last couple of days because I've realized we've got a lot of arm chair psychology going on. People pretending to know what Brown and Ben and Bell and Tomlin and Rooney and whomever are thinking and why as if they've spent every waking moment with them. Annoying...

Agreed, although I will say, ever since AB started blowing up with the business is booming nonsense and I actually started seeing him on camera/ talking, I've always thought he was pretty dim.  I used to just think he was a lovable dummy who was a wide receiver savant and worked harder than everyone else.

Ahh the good old days...

8 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

And its so unnecessary.  Tomlin controls what these players think.    He is also responsible for every single action they take in both their professional and personal lives. 

It's Tomlin's fault.   

Why?

Cuz...

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And its so unnecessary.  Tomlin controls what these players think.    He is also responsible for every single action they take in both their professional and personal lives. 

It's Tomlin's fault.   

Why?

Cuz...

LOL neither one of you are wrong like I said before if things are as bad as reported then I do think that we need to move on from a Antonio Brown but obviously I have no idea what's really going on or what happened or who has spoken to who or hasn't spoken to who or what any of these guys I thinking right now. I think it is at least fair to say no matter what happened Antonio Brown is not helping the situation currently but the fact of the matter is none of us know