2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Ryan Clark, according the Steelers Depot tweets, is LAYING into Brown right now, but also saying Ben is no angel in this and he isn't a natural born leader.

I know its his job, but not crazy about Clark airing some of the behind the scene stuff out. wonder what players think about this

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

I know its his job, but not crazy about Clark airing some of the behind the scene stuff out. wonder what players think about this

Agreed. And I haven’t understood the mass defense of him saying he is an “Analyst”. 

You were a player, in a locker room, with a group of guys who reasonably have a level of confidence in no one else in that room running out and telling the world everything. 

I cant imagine what he is doing is going over well. From the outside looking in I love hearing details that don’t hit the light, but man does he feel like a narc. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Ryan Clark, according the Steelers Depot tweets, is LAYING into Brown right now, but also saying Ben is no angel in this and he isn't a natural born leader.

I am stunned by hearing this.  I mean all of the leadership qualities Ben has shown over the years.

/s

• Like 3

FWIW I have no problem with what Clark is doing. He didn’t air dirty laundry. He said that you just don’t do what AB did, and he said Ben isn’t a leader and it’s obvious with they way he throws people under the bus in the media. 

11 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

If i can get a 1st for AB, I make the trade...especially if it’s top 1/2 or 1st rd.

Would much rather maintain the supporting cast for Ben's successor, unless I could at least a 1st and 2nd.  Wouldn't consider it for a single pick at any spot.

Wexell has an interesting article where he is debunking AB's claim that other players were not as committed to the 2018 season as him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-reportedly-disappointed-with-Pittsburgh-Steelers-teammates-127303223/

QB -- May as well start with Ben Roethlisberger. That was the original report, that Brown and Roethlisberger had some sort of tiff and Brown was upset because Tomlin is aligned with his quarterback and, presumably, won't allow Brown to do what he feels is best. This has opened the door to reporting on Roethlisberger's character. We had one reporter in the media room do a stand-up and proclaim that Roethlisberger is always the last on the practice field and first off. This report was done on a Thursday, the day Roethlisberger always stays after and works on situational offense with his receivers on the far field. The oldie but goodie, "You think you know, but you don't know - and you never will" was mentioned soon thereafter. Too bad fans couldn't have seen us snicker, but it's actually more sad than funny because most buy this sloth.

Hey, Roethlisberger's not perfect. We could probably do without his radio show (although I often listen for insight that's more tamped down than the respective shrieks of reporting that go with the show's transcripts). But in my opinion - from a guy who wanted him traded in 2010 and has had personal and uncomfortable interactions with him off the field - he's grown immensely as a person and leader. People want to dig at what they presume are his passive-aggressive comments, but I don't know. He seems fine to me. One thing though: He's not as enthusiastic in personal interactions as his backups Joshua Dobbs and Mason Rudolph. If they had Roethlisberger's on-field skill set, they would be the perfect QBs. But, per the topic, they were both completely invested in the season.

Mathematics are hard, but the fact that 31 other teams have expensive draft budgets and high-level scouting corps should mean something to a team drafting near the bottom of every round over the last 10 years. That's EVERY round.

I guess math doesn't matter when you're entitled to championships at birth.

Edited by jebrick

15 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Wexell has an interesting article where he is debunking AB's claim that other players were not as committed to the 2018 season as him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-reportedly-disappointed-with-Pittsburgh-Steelers-teammates-127303223/

That last line seems like a real dig at the team.  Throwing in the drafting thing out of nowhere.

4 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Would much rather maintain the supporting cast for Ben's successor, unless I could at least a 1st and 2nd.  Wouldn't consider it for a single pick at any spot.

Bens playing a few more years and ABs a walking dumpster fire...if you can get a 1st or a solid defensive player, you do it.

8 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Bens playing a few more years and ABs a walking dumpster fire...if you can get a 1st or a solid defensive player, you do it.

Ben's on the decline and it's time to decide on a plan to move on.  AB is a top 5 player in the league