2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

3 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Here's the issue I have with this article...

“We were in the front of the ticker on ESPN too much for just reasons that weren’t related to football and not for us playing great ball. It was more distractions."

If James was just using it as an allegory then I 100% agree with him. But if he's being serious as indicating it was part of the issue then that's where I take issue.  In some cases, the media really made issues that were non-existent.  I mean, Kaboly literally caught them editing audio footage from Ben's interviews twice this season...

I love all the stupid yinzers claiming that the locker room distractions under Tomlin never happened under Noll and Cowher without factoring in how much the media and social media have magnified locker room issues tenfold since they were coaching.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I love all the stupid yinzers claiming that the locker room distractions under Tomlin never happened under Noll and Cowher without factoring in how much the media and social media have magnified locker room issues tenfold since they were coaching.

I believe Joe Greene said he wanted to quit the team right before the dynasty started on one of those American games lol

I had a aunt who worked with the steelers and pirates during that time and based on the stuff she's told me..the current steelers look like saints to me

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ben's on the Fan right now.  Saying he "knew nothing of Friday's issue", "AB is a great talent, but that's T's call".  He said he was "blessed to play with AB and considers him a friend".

Ben talking like a trade is gonna happen.

Listen I am as big of an Antonio Brown fan as anybody but can we agreed and there has been some serious character issues the last couple of Seasons with this team and if we are being completely honest Antonio Brown has been apart of that as has Le'Veon Bell. So honestly it would make sense to me if they decided to move on from Antonia Brown and get the good locker-room environment back.

And believe me I never thought I would see the day where I was actually in favor of trading Antonio Brown considering he is actually my favorite current Steeler

Edited by wwhickok

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Regardless of the problems between Ben and Antonio, I think we can all agree on one thing... It's 100% Tomlin's fault.

Aditi Kinkabwala on NFLN stated that several players told her that the bigger issue in all of this was that Tomlin didn't even address the issue with the team on Monday. He didn't even mention it. And that players believe if this is going to get fixed, it's going to require player leadership to make it happen.

Yes...ringing endorsement of Mike Tomlin's stewardship.

Edited by CKSteeler
  • Like 1

Also, snippets from the PG's reporting on this matter:

A week earlier, while his teammates were attending a daily mandatory morning meeting, Brown was in the building but skipped the meeting. He still played in the 28-24 loss in New Orleans.

According to several sources, Brown showed up at Heinz Field expecting to play against the Bengals. That surprised several players, including one who called the situation “embarrassing” and “the worst I’ve seen.” That player said the entire situation and the way it was handled affected his desire to play in the game.

But you'd have to be crazy to suggest that Mike Tomlin has any blame here.