International Football Thread

LeeEvans

Couple of starting lineup predicitons;

Germany: Neuer. Hector, Hummels, Boeteng, Kimmich. Khedira, Kroos. Draxler, Özil, Müller. Werner (4-2-3-1 ish)

England: Pickford. Young, Stones, Cahill, Walker, Trippier. Henderson, Alli. Lingard. Sterling, Kane. (3-4-1-2 ish)

France: (tough one). Loris. Sidibe, Koscielny, Varane, Mendy. Tolisso, Kante, Pogba. Mbappé, Giroud, Griezmann (4-3-3) I think they go Giroud

Spain: DDG. Alba, Ramos, Pique, Carvajal. Alcantara, Busquets. Silva, Isco, Iniesta. Costa (4, ?, ?, ?)

Do you think I'm close?

Edited by Hunter2_1

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Young, Stones, Cahill, Walker, Trippier. Henderson, Alli. Lingard. Sterling, Kane

I hope you're wrong on England, but have a feeling you're on point.

Rose > Young - A natural left footer a LWB is much better 

Maguire > Cahill - Cahill has had a bang average season and was on the cusp for many fans, Maguire has continued his good form for Leicester

Alexander-Arnold > Trippier - This one is tight but I give AA the advantage on set pieces

If I could get Euro 2016 Dier I'd pick him over Henderson, but on current form I couldn't. For me Dier was our best player at that tournament.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Germany: Neuer. Hector, Hummels, Boeteng, Kimmich. Khedira, Kroos. Draxler, Özil, Müller. Werner (4-2-3-1 ish)

England: Pickford. Young, Stones, Cahill, Walker, Trippier. Henderson, Alli. Lingard. Sterling, Kane. (3-4-1-2 ish)

France: (tough one). Loris. Sidibe, Koscielny, Varane, Mendy. Tolisso, Kante, Pogba. Mbappé, Giroud, Griezmann (4-3-3) I think they go Giroud

Spain: DDG. Alba, Ramos, Pique, Carvajal. Alcantara, Busquets. Silva, Isco, Iniesta. Costa (4, ?, ?, ?)

Do you think I'm close?

Koscielny is injured bruh. Umtiti in his place but knowing Deschamps he will play Rami. Dembele instead of Giroud. If France wanna play two up top then integrate Fekir.

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I hope you're wrong on England, but have a feeling you're on point.

Rose > Young - A natural left footer a LWB is much better 

Maguire > Cahill - Cahill has had a bang average season and was on the cusp for many fans, Maguire has continued his good form for Leicester

Alexander-Arnold > Trippier - This one is tight but I give AA the advantage on set pieces

If I could get Euro 2016 Dier I'd pick him over Henderson, but on current form I couldn't. For me Dier was our best player at that tournament.

Heard Cahill has looked solid for England in the warm ups (not seen). But it's like, everyone looks GREAT in warmups, don't they.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you think I'm close?

France will probably be: Lloris - Sidibé - Varane - Umtiti - Mendy - Tolisso - Kante - Matuidi - Mbappé - Giroud - Griezmann

The only two question marks are Matuidi/Tolisso/Pogba and if they play in a 4-2-3-1 who's the midfielder to drop (I think Matuidi) and the attacker to come in (I think Dembélé)

10 hours ago, TedLavie said:

France will probably be: Lloris - Sidibé - Varane - Umtiti - Mendy - Tolisso - Kante - Matuidi - Mbappé - Giroud - Griezmann

The only two question marks are Matuidi/Tolisso/Pogba and if they play in a 4-2-3-1 who's the midfielder to drop (I think Matuidi) and the attacker to come in (I think Dembélé)

You think he leaves Pogba out? I'd love that. Hehe.

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

That's an incredibly strong team

Yeah. You'd fancy a counter-attack in Marcelo's space though wouldn't you...:D

In all seriousness, no real weaknesses, but they did struggle in the first half vs Croatia against their high press. They were frustrated. Took Neymar off the bench to unlock them. Perhaps a blue-print of some sort.

10 hours ago, kempus said:

Tony Adams saying England won't win the World Cup because of all the Spurs players xD England won't win because they aren't good enough. Take the Spurs players away and they're significantly worse. 

Yeah that's an absurd statement. The Spurs players are the foundation that this England team is built on and probably the core of the England squad for the next six years or so.