2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

30 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's solid it just depends on what you ask of him.  He's in his prime and is pretty reliable with two 60+ catch seasons.  He'd be a really nice #4 WR to run out there in 4 wide sets and have for depth.

Right, but he'll prob get paid a lot more than a #4 receiver.  Personally, i'd rather add a guy like Humphries and draft a guy.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And this is worrisome to me. Bc big talents normally have egos. That's how they become great. Gase doesn't like that, so his vision will be to never have egos (hence great talent) bc it will butt heads with him. Really the digger you deep the worse the hire is.

UNLESS..... Gase changes. But I don't see a man changing his views overnight like he'd have to.

Not all great talent have egos.  Nuk and Julio don't think they're bigger than the game.

Article from November 2018... 

Now that Le'Veon Bell's season is over, speculation has already started about where the 26-year-old, two-time first-team All-Pro will play next. According to a number of NFLscouts and front office executives, there's only one team that makes sense for the Steelers star: the New York Jets.

"I think it's a foregone conclusion," said one Steelers source.

"That's the place where most of us have him pegged to go," said one NFC scout.

True, only the Oracle can see the future, but of the 10 NFL personnel sources I spoke to, six said they were certain Bell would head to New York.

Then there was this from an AFC East front office executive, who felt Miami will be the pick: "Makes the most sense to me. [Coach] Adam Gase would do wonders with Bell in that offense."

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And this is worrisome to me. Bc big talents normally have egos. That's how they become great. Gase doesn't like that, so his vision will be to never have egos (hence great talent) bc it will butt heads with him. Really the digger you deep the worse the hire is.

UNLESS..... Gase changes. But I don't see a man changing his views overnight like he'd have to.

I dunno man. Again, Gase isn't making personnel decisions. It's Mac, and he's on the hot seat and with $100m in cap space he is going to be as aggressive as he needs to be to secure his job. Whether its AB or AJ Green, I'm expecting a big move.

Gase seems like he wants guys that are 100% about football. AB eats sleeps and breathes football, his passion is not in question. The diva attitude is the real concern with him, but he works very hard, there's no denying that. 

Anyone know exactly why him and Jarvis didn't get along? I thought Jarvis was similar to AB in terms of his passion for the game, I don't really know why they fell out.

22 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Right, but he'll prob get paid a lot more than a #4 receiver.  Personally, i'd rather add a guy like Humphries and draft a guy.

Crowder is way too injury prone and not enough of a difference maker to even bother bringing him in. 

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

I dunno man. Again, Gase isn't making personnel decisions. It's Mac, and he's on the hot seat and with $100m in cap space he is going to be as aggressive as he needs to be to secure his job. Whether its AB or AJ Green, I'm expecting a big move.

Gase seems like he wants guys that are 100% about football. AB eats sleeps and breathes football, his passion is not in question. The diva attitude is the real concern with him, but he works very hard, there's no denying that. 

Anyone know exactly why him and Jarvis didn't get along? I thought Jarvis was similar to AB in terms of his passion for the game, I don't really know why they fell out.

Yes but what did Gase do to players he didn’t want? He benched, mistreated or shipped them out. Awful environment 

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Oh yeah I'm 100% looking to draft a guy too but I'd pay him Q type money to come and be #3 or #4 on the depth chart depending on what the rookie looked like.

Lets just say ideally we draft one in round 2 if we can get a 2nd or grab one early 3rd at worst and add them to Q, Anderson, and Crowder or Humphries (both are pretty interchangable) so I'd be fine with Hump.  I really think we need that 4th WR though like those guys to make sure we have the depth because injuries to Anderson and Q derailed us this year.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes but what did Gase do to players he didn’t want? He benched, mistreated or shipped them out. Awful environment 

FWIW, all the players he's had issues with haven't gone on to do a whole lot since they left... Jarvis is worse off in CLE than he was with Gase, same goes for Ajayi. I'd be willing to bet that Parker flames out of the league soon too.

Gase must see something we don't. It's gotta be his way of handling things rather than the actual issues themselves that arise. 

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

FWIW, all the players he's had issues with haven't gone on to do a whole lot since they left... Jarvis is worse off in CLE than he was with Gase, same goes for Ajayi. I'd be willing to bet that Parker flames out of the league soon too.

Gase must see something we don't. It's gotta be his way of handling things rather than the actual issues themselves that arise. 

And that’s my point. He needs to change the way he treats players, staff and the FO

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't get the Jamison Crowder love personally.  Never really have though.

Staying healthy has been his biggest issue. When he is on the field his talent in undeniable. He is the small, quick, precise route runner that fits so well in Gase’s system.

In a perfect world the Jets would go out and sign Crowder, Bell, Paradis, and Glowinski. Then use the draft to address edge and cornerback.

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

But what I'm saying is maybe he actually was onto something with those guys?

Even if he was... that’s not how you coach. Shipping them out without anything said is the way to handle that. And quite frankly the only way to handle that. It’s a business and no one should put a player on blast like he has with several players.

Hes not a players coach. Has a single player of ours tweeted they’re excluded for this hire?

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Even if he was... that’s not how you coach. Shipping them out without anything said is the way to handle that. And quite frankly the only way to handle that. It’s a business and no one should put a player on blast like he has with several players.

Hes not a players coach. Has a single player of ours tweeted they’re excluded for this hire?

Then hopefully getting canned acts as a wake up call for him and he learns from that mistake.