2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Why give up draft capital for an aging player when we are clearly in rebuild mode? We can’t repeat these mistakes. I’d rather stay the course and draft a guy. I also don’t think we’d be in the market for either. Jets need more picks.

You do both you get an established good WR and draft a guy... not one or the other. You grab a guy like AJ Green bc it gives Darnold a legit #1 target. Even if only for 2 seasons. Who cares. That's what we need to develop him into a franchise QB. We cant just keep fielding Q, Robby, Burnett a mid round WR and a average FA WR and wonder why Darnold isn't developing. You need to give him talent. Even if only for a couple seasons. Developing Darnold is far more important than anything else the franchise thinks they need to do.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

2 guys to keep an eye on are Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. Gase ties. And both might get cut. Also at edge Robert Quinn.

I think we will add Sanders or Thomas. Their cap hit is pretty high, but Thomas won't be ready until later next season. I would just hope it doesn't stop us from drafting a WR we could develop. 

If we can trade a 2020 pick for Green, I wouldn't mind. Not only is he still a threat on the field, he's a good character guy, will help Darnold progress, and set the bar higher for the others. 

I wanted Robert Quinn so bad before we went there. I wouldn't be mad at all.

A number 1 receiver is a luxury not a need. Jets need every draft pick they have considering they have the least amount of players sign in the entire NFL. We are still trying to build this team. We can’t make trades that set us back for players over 30 years old.

Just now, ekill08x said:

A number 1 receiver is a luxury not a need. Jets need every draft pick they have considering they have the least amount of players sign in the entire NFL. We are still trying to build this team. We can’t make trades that set us back for players over 30 years old.

Id agree except the average tenure of Macc drafted p[layer son our team that even have roles is minimal. So id rather go the trade, FA route for a proven player.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Id agree except the average tenure of Macc drafted p[layer son our team that even have roles is minimal. So id rather go the trade, FA route for a proven player.

Know I feel ya but what would you be willing to give up? FA would be great, but we won’t get a 1. I want this team to stay as young as possible. If we can get AJ and his contract for a 4 like when we got Marshall, than it’s worth it. If they ask for both of our 3s, they can GFTS.

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Know I feel ya but what would you be willing to give up? FA would be great, but we won’t get a 1. I want this team to stay as young as possible. If we can get AJ and his contract for a 4 like when we got Marshall, than it’s worth it. If they ask for both of our 3s, they can GFTS.

I was thinking 1 of our 3's and that to me is good value. Even if you hate giving the pick away (Macc is awful drafting in Round 3). It big time will help Darnold. Which is and should be the teams only focus really.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I was thinking 1 of our 3's and that to me is good value. Even if you hate giving the pick away (Macc is awful drafting in Round 3). It big time will help Darnold. Which is and should be the teams only focus really.

If we make a very solid trade down, I’d be happier about that...if it’s the Saints 3rd of course haha