2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

20 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

The last news I saw on him was that he had beyond the typical ACL injury and was a 6 to 9 month recovery time.  Can you find the piece you saw that said 6 weeks.  6 weeks would be great.

That is the same thing I heard that is was a serious knee injury. We has the # 3 pick in the draft and that gives us plenty of options, keep it get a top passer rusher or trade down if we get a great offer.

53 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

The last news I saw on him was that he had beyond the typical ACL injury and was a 6 to 9 month recovery time.  Can you find the piece you saw that said 6 weeks.  6 weeks would be great.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/jets-brandon-shell-injury-severity-downplayed/

The report you are referring to was the very first one that came out like 2 weeks before the 6 week timetable was reported.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Won’t even do that. The amount of times his WRs saved him last year was overwhelming. He doesn’t have that in Miami. He’ll be benched quickly

It was said with sarcasm but makes you wonder if Miami will just tank this year to get a franchise qb next year

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

It was said with sarcasm but makes you wonder if Miami will just tank this year to get a franchise qb next year

Yup. The QB class next year is quite a bit more talented. I think most these QB needy teams will wait till next year to make their big move. Kinda like we did last year.

From what I understand re: our center situation. 

Gase has an interesting eye for the position. He had Manny Ramirez/Montgomery in DEN,  then Montgomery/Grasu/Slauson in CHI. In 2016 he started Anthony Steen while Mike Pouncey was hurt, then last year he replaced Pouncey with Kilgore/Swanson. 

Overall, he may simply not value the position as much as others. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Not worried about Miami tanking for Tua or Herbert. Now them or New England getting Trevor Lawrence scares the living crap out of me. 

The good news is... Brady isn’t retiring. And as long as he’s playing, they’ll never be drafting high. And the price for them to trade up from where the are most drafts to get a top QB would be very pricey. Also remember the other 31 teams all hate NE. Last thing a team what’s to do is let them trade up for a top QB right after Brady retires.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The good news is... Brady isn’t retiring. And as long as he’s playing, they’ll never be drafting high. And the price for them to trade up from where the are most drafts to get a top QB would be very pricey. Also remember the other 31 teams all hate NE. Last thing a team what’s to do is let them trade up for a top QB right after Brady retires.

I got this weird feeling he calls it quits after this season and they tank the following season get Lawrence. 

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

From what I understand re: our center situation. 

Gase has an interesting eye for the position. He had Manny Ramirez/Montgomery in DEN,  then Montgomery/Grasu/Slauson in CHI. In 2016 he started Anthony Steen while Mike Pouncey was hurt, then last year he replaced Pouncey with Kilgore/Swanson. 

Overall, he may simply not value the position as much as others. 

Which is wrong, IMO. Especially with a 2nd year QB.

• Like 2