2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not good either. Winters is better than shell @me @Rockice_8 haha. Shell was so bad at run blocking last year, honestly the whole line in general was. Winters at least is good in that area and just struggles in pass protection. I really hope that isn’t our starting line this year. It will be a crutch to our offense and we won’t win more than 7 games.

Let's see if Frank Pollack renews his magic work.  He already is bald so that can't be any worse. lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not good either. Winters is better than shell @me @Rockice_8 haha. Shell was so bad at run blocking last year, honestly the whole line in general was. Winters at least is good in that area and just struggles in pass protection. I really hope that isn’t our starting line this year. It will be a crutch to our offense and we won’t win more than 7 games.

Haha when you are happier with Winters over another position on the OL that's not a good look for Shell.  I didn't think you would pick Winters over anyone.  

It helps players when they have talent around them and I really think Winters could benefit from playing with a good C and RT.  Problem is we don't have either.

7 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Never said that. You're suggesting one depth guy is better than another based on......?

Someone said Harrison is better than Easton. Based on ?   Harrison has been terrible since he joined in NFL. 

Edited by JetsandI

34 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If I had my way the rest of this offseason

Trade #3 to NYG for #6 and #17

Trade Lee to MIN for Waynes

Draft #6 - Burns (OLB)
Draft #17 - Jonah (Future LT or RT)

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but Waynes is actually good at football. Can’t see minny taking that deal. 

Edited by barnaby8787

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Free-agent guard Stefen Wisniewski is visiting the New York Jets today. Source says #Vikings reached out about him late last week after it became apparent Nick Easton was likely New Orleans bound. He's on a fact-finding mission with the Jets and then will see how things shake out

Not surprised. They’ll sign him and draft a center if I had to guess. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Free-agent guard Stefen Wisniewski is visiting the New York Jets today. Source says #Vikings reached out about him late last week after it became apparent Nick Easton was likely New Orleans bound. He's on a fact-finding mission with the Jets and then will see how things shake out

This would be a good pick up. Ideally he is quality depth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Haha when you are happier with Winters over another position on the OL that's not a good look for Shell.  I didn't think you would pick Winters over anyone.  

It helps players when they have talent around them and I really think Winters could benefit from playing with a good C and RT.  Problem is we don't have either.

Lol Winters drives me absolutrly crazy sometimes. I hated the contract we gave him for the production he gives us BUT he run blocks. His penalties are a problem and he definitely gives up pressure pass blocking but it could be worse with him. Still hate that he makes 8 million a year. I just don’t trust Shell and think we overrate him on here because he was a rare mid round pick that has started. His injury is a concern and we would not be wise to go into this season projecting him to be the starter.