2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He’s an iDL. Unless he becomes Donald, I can’t see us regretting it. How many Donald’s have there been in the history of the NFL? 3 maybe 4. As long we don’t give them a discount, I’m cool with it.

This Donald stuff is funny. 

Was Donald Donald before he became Donald? No. No one knew he would be this great, same with Watt. Ironically both went outside the top 10.

I'm not handing my division rival an Elite player.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

As bad as that sounds, we need to do what's best for our team. Having a top 10 pick + four day 2 picks in a draft that's strength is in day 2, should help us more than Quinnen can. Like Greeny said: the Jets need a lot of solid players, not one star. 

Obviously the Jets need to hit on those picks, but I feel comfortable landing at least two day 1 starters out of day 2 in this draft... the 2nd/3rd rounds are loaded 

We dont know what the drafts strength is atm, all these guys could suck. 

Get the best players, worry about depth and quantity after establishing a strong, young Elite core.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Was Donald Donald before he became Donald? No. No one knew he would be this great, same with Watt. Ironically both went outside the top 10.

You have to think about what we're getting in return, and the fact that the Bills could very well trade to 4 or 5 if we don't want to play ball. Bottom line is we NEED more picks to build this team and the Bills are one of, if not, the only team willing to give them to us. What if Quinnen doesn't work out and the Bills mortgaged their future to us and we rebuild and they're stuck with no draft assets to improve the team around Josh Allen? Then they're forced to build via FA and wind up in cap hell like we've been until recently.There's upside to this trade even if it's with a division rival. Hell we could even trade back again with Washington so they can get Haskins or Pittsburgh so they can get Bush too and really stockpile picks.

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

You have to think about what we're getting in return, and the fact that the Bills could very well trade to 4 or 5 if we don't want to play ball. Bottom line is we NEED more picks to build this team and the Bills are one of, if not, the only team willing to give them to us. What if Quinnen doesn't work out and the Bills mortgaged their future to us and we rebuild and they're stuck with no draft assets to improve the team around Josh Allen? Then they're forced to build via FA and wind up in cap hell like we've been until recently.There's upside to this trade even if it's with a division rival. Hell we could even trade back again with Washington so they can get Haskins or Pittsburgh so they can get Bush too and really stockpile picks.

We need more picks but we also need great players. I dont think we have a strong enough foundation to be worrying about filling every perceived gap. 

Idk man its tough, there's a few really great talents right there for us at 3, the deeper this draft gets more question marks. Add in Macc's incompetence outside of the top 6 and I'm just not feeling it but hopefully if we do move back Gase, Williams and Pollack get the right guys in the building.

15 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You are assuming he becomes an elite player. The chances of that are slim. They’ve only been but so many interior guys like that. He’s likely upside is Suh.

You’re speaking as though it’s guaranteed he becomes an elite NFL player. 

Edited by SDotNova

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

You are assuming he becomes an elite player. The chances of that are slim. They’ve only been but so many interior guys like that. He’s likely upside is Suh.

True, its all a crap shoot at the end of the day but I still feel more comfortable with one of the 4(Bosa, QWill, Oliver or Allen) over any combination of guys we might get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

True, its all a crap shoot at the end of the day but I still feel more comfortable with one of the 4(Bosa, QWill, Oliver or Allen) over any combination of guys we might get.

That’s what will ultimately decide who wins the trade. We won’t know for a couple more years and Macc has to hit on those draft picks. If he bombs, even if Q doesn’t live up to the hype, it’s a bad trade. 

At the end of the day, Macc has to draft well whether it’s at #3, 9,15 etc.