What Should Arizona Do With the #1 Pick?

footbull3196

What should the Cardinals do with the 1st overall pick?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Cardinals do with the 1st overall pick?

• Keep it and use it on an offensive player
    • Keep it and use it on a defensive player
    • Trade it to a team with a top 5 pick
    • Trade it to a team with a top 10-15 pick

I think they should trade it to Oakland for #4, Bears 1st and a 3rd.  They don’t need a quarterback and the roster is clearly devoid of talent at many other positions.  Their best offensive playmakers are a receiver that may or may not retire and an inconsistent David Johnson

Any team picking first overall with a QB of the future on the roster would be stupid not to entertain offers - and I say that even with a blue-chip prospect on the board like Bosa. The haul would be outrageous for a bottom-feeding team devoid of talent to turn down. Obviously trading down is ideal.

The goal right now in Arizona is to help out your young QB as much as possible on the offensive side. However, if they stay put, there really isn't an offensive player on the board that I'm aware of that warrants that pick. My guess is Bosa will be the #1 pick come April.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem with this is that Rosen is still back there getting destroyed because the offensive line is a sieve. 

Free Agency, plus rounds 3-7 can help in that regard. Either way, you don't build an empire in 1 draft.

Honestly, they should definitely trade down if they can. Personally think the biggest priority would be to upgrade the offense, and there's simply nobody there worth the first overall pick. Even if you are selling at a discount, I think you need to move out. If Oakland (using them as they are high in the draft order and have the capital) offers #4 and Chicago's pick along with a mid round sweetener, I think you just take it even though it's well below the trade value we are used to. The jets probably aren't going to make a move to climb above the niners for Bosa as they are already down a second round pick this year. Tampa could use a lot of defensive help and are a lock to get someone at #5, so I don't see any reason that they should move up and give up assets unless they are completely in love with someone. They are also a prime candidate to move down, anyway. The Giants could use offensive line help at tackle and would be in a good spot to take one there with the top 5 picks probably being defensive heavy, or they would have first crack at the top quarterback. Jax could move up to get ahead of the giants for the quarterback for sure, but I question whether or not they would move all the way up there though. Its' possible though. Once you start getting past Detroit, that kind of cost is super heavy for hte first overall, and i think somewhat prohibitive for some of these teams. 

15 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They have a hell of a lot of gaping holes. Find a team in the top-6 that's desperate for Hoskins or whoever they rate highest and get as many assets as you possibly can before you break Rosen for real and all of this is for nothing. They need top level assets but they also need a lot of them.

Who would be desperate for Hoskins? Oh, and who is Hoskins?

Ahhh, you meant Haskins.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Is Bosa actually that good. I watched highlight vids (Cards should hire me as a scout tbh) of him and Quinnen and they seem fine but not exactly what I was expecting when I think of a #1 pick.

I would probably trade down because of that.

Bosa is good but I don't think he is Joey good. Many do though, I'm just not one of them. That defense sure fell apart without him though so, I dunno.

Archived