Wild Card Weekend Predictions

DigInBoys

On 1/4/2019 at 5:52 PM, kramxel said:

Have to consider the Ravens favorites for our match-up. 

They did an amazing job wrecking our O-line, and it would take an amazing turnaround or some lucky turnovers, to change the script. 

People don't realize how man-handled our offense was in that game. 

Baltimore has an amazing defense, an offense with very little film, a robot for a kicker and good coaching. They will be a tough win for any team in the playoffs and I’m sure secretly the rest of the AFC is hoping the Chargers Formerly of San Diego knock them out. 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:23 AM, SBLIII said:

DVOA is nice but not the end of all either. 

No, there isn't a stat that the ends an argument. My favorite, and it's becoming increasingly popular among NFL writers, is DVOA. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:08 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Again the concept of overall better team evades you.  Tell me who is the only team top 10 in offensive and defensive DVOA. More balanced, more talented more depth. KC has an all time offense. Chargers dont have an all time unit. But overall, they have the better complete team.

On a different subject. Seems most fans are picking LAC vs Balt and most experts are picking Balt. We will see who knows more. Fans or experts. 

Are the Chargers the "better team" or "better complete team" because these are two different things. I am making an argument that the Chiefs are the better team, which I supported with overall DVOA ratings. I've already conceded that the Chargers are a more complete team. 

What I'm saying, and basically reiterating from Footballoutsiders.com and their DVOA ratings, is that the Chiefs offense is so much better than the field that it makes up for their defensive deficiency. This is similar to the Bears, who have the #1 ranked DVOA defense but 20th in offensive DVOA. Their overall team DVOA is ranked 5th overall because their defense makes up for their offensive woes. 

I think you are misunderstanding the argument. 

6 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Baltimore has an amazing defense, an offense with very little film, a robot for a kicker and good coaching. They will be a tough win for any team in the playoffs and I’m sure secretly the rest of the AFC is hoping the Chargers Formerly of San Diego knock them out. 

And vice-versa, I think we're a great matchup for the rest of the AFC teams, it's the Ravens who are kind of our kryoptonite.

1 hour ago, jaa1025 said:

Are the Chargers the "better team" or "better complete team" because these are two different things. I am making an argument that the Chiefs are the better team, which I supported with overall DVOA ratings. I've already conceded that the Chargers are a more complete team. 

What I'm saying, and basically reiterating from Footballoutsiders.com and their DVOA ratings, is that the Chiefs offense is so much better than the field that it makes up for their defensive deficiency. This is similar to the Bears, who have the #1 ranked DVOA defense but 20th in offensive DVOA. Their overall team DVOA is ranked 5th overall because their defense makes up for their offensive woes. 

I think you are misunderstanding the argument. 

The better team. They do alot more good things than KC. KC does 2 things great, throw the ball and rush the passer.  Outside of that they are avg to below avg in every other aspect. Chargers dont do anything great, but they do almost everything good. So they are a more complete team which makes them a better team. 

Doing 1 thing at a higher disparity than everyone else, doesnt negate all the other deficiencies. Just like in MMA. Someone can be the best striker vs someone who is good at most disciplines and aspects of fighting. Most would call the better rounded fighter, the better fighter.

You might have a point if ya swept LAC or had a better record. But you didn't and you don't.  Your argument should be limited to Chiefs passing offense vs Chargers. Not trying to quantify the weight of a better offensive DVOA ranking.

Does anyone say Chargers have a bad offense? No. Does anyone say Chiefs have a good defense? No.  You are trying to manipulate 1 aspect of statistical math to paint a picture. I think its dishonest. 

11 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

The better team. They do alot more good things than KC. KC does 2 things great, throw the ball and rush the passer.  Outside of that they are avg to below avg in every other aspect. Chargers dont do anything great, but they do almost everything good. So they are a more complete team which makes them a better team. 

Doing 1 thing at a higher disparity than everyone else, doesnt negate all the other deficiencies. Just like in MMA. Someone can be the best striker vs someone who is good at most disciplines and aspects of fighting. Most would call the better rounded fighter, the better fighter.

You might have a point if ya swept LAC or had a better record. But you didn't and you don't.  Your argument should be limited to Chiefs passing offense vs Chargers. Not trying to quantify the weight of a better offensive DVOA ranking.

Does anyone say Chargers have a bad offense? No. Does anyone say Chiefs have a good defense? No.  You are trying to manipulate 1 aspect of statistical math to paint a picture. I think its dishonest. 

Good luck with whatever team you follow. lol

On 1/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Again the concept of overall better team evades you.  Tell me who is the only team top 10 in offensive and defensive DVOA. More balanced, more talented more depth. KC has an all time offense. Chargers dont have an all time unit. But overall, they have the better complete team.

On a different subject. Seems most fans are picking LAC vs Balt and most experts are picking Balt. We will see who knows more. Fans or experts. 

Not sure where you’re getting this. The split the last I checked was 26 “experts” picked the Chargers to 23 picking the the Ravens.

edit: It was 27 for Chargers and 22 for the Ravens.

7 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Like clockwork. Chargers fans claiming their team is more talented, more complete and better than the Chiefs just to get beaten again and again.

Here's hoping the Chiefs get another crack at you guys to remind you which is the better team until you guys come back barking again next preseason claiming you are to win the division lol.

Not sure the Chargers can get to the Chiefs though in these playoffs.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, Elky said:

Eagles at Bears - Nick Foles is banged up and is on the road against a team that's #1 in numerous defensice categories. This will be an ugly slugfest.

Seahawks at Cowboys - Seahawks are, as usual, a poor road team.

Colts at Texans - Colts take advantage of BOB's typical coaching mistakes.

Chargers at Ravens - Chargers have been a better road team this season. Baltimore has a one-dimensional offense with a rookie quarterback and their defense got exposed by the Browns. Chargers have also been good at "revenge" games this season; they've lost to KC and the Broncos in the first matchup, but beat them in the second game.

The Seahawks losing their kicker didn't help them either.  Dallas' defense played well last night.

Archived