BDL 2019 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

41 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

yep, i know.  I wanted to see if people were open to constructing it differently.  No bueno.  We are still going by the letter of the law, which i also said i was ok with earlier

Can someone on the contract committee ( @bcb1213 or @MD4L) please interpret the phrase "remaining contract" for me?

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Can someone on the contract committee ( @bcb1213 or @MD4L) please interpret the phrase "remaining contract" for me?

basically this is how it breaks down

the five years 82 mill is broken down into the number we gave 10800 or whatever i can't recall on phone and started typing

basically a three up requires you to match the years remaining with the average cost of contract

so if this was two years from now and you had to resign him it would be for the remaining contract which would be for 3 years at the same 10800 per

let me give you an example with a FA from my own team

nickell robley coleman has a 3 year 15.88 million contract

The deal IRL expires in 2020 as he signed it before this this season so i can only three up him to a two year deal, not one or three+ currently

edited for clarity

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

let me give you an example with a FA from my own team

nickell robley coleman has a 3 year 15.88 million contract

The deal IRL expires in 2020 as he signed it before this this season so i can only three up him to a two year deal, not one or three+ currently

edited for clarity

Not a good example because the entirety of this contract was in that 3 years. I'm not looking to extend Diggs' contract any further, I'm looking to get him signed for the "remaining IRL" amount of his deal.

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Not a good example because the entirety of this contract was in that 3 years. I'm not looking to extend Diggs' contract any further, I'm looking to get him signed for the "remaining IRL" amount of his deal.

remaining amount merely means year if you want me to sum it up more simply.  Average amount of total contract when signed IRL over remaining years IRL

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Counter example:

Tyler Lockett https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/tyler-lockett-16793/

He signed a 3 year, 30.75 mil extension and they pushed his signing bonus into 2018 before his "3 years" starts.

The actual amount he will get paid in those 3 years (aka known as the REMAINING amount) is $28,407.

In this situation you would be asked to do the per year. The purpose of that is to make things copasetic. We do contracts based on average salary.

Example

Tyler Lockett 

RL Deal: 3 years 30.75 mill (10.25 mill per)

Contract proposal: 3 years $23,064($7,688 per)

Ok lets really get down to brass tacks here guys. How is Danielle Hunter CURRENTLY 3upped for $9,239 per year when he signed the SAME EXACT 5 year, 72 million dollar contract that Diggs did last season and not the 10,800 you're telling me that Diggs needs to be signed for.

EDIT: Note: This is not me complaining that he used a 2019 3up that he used early, rather that he signed the same deal.

Edited by Hockey5djh

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ok lets really get down to brass tacks here guys. How is Danielle Hunter CURRENTLY 3upped for $9,239 per year when he signed the SAME EXACT 5 year, 72 million dollar contract that Diggs did last season and not the 10,800 you're telling me that Diggs needs to be signed for.

SirA used the same 3 UP for this year in August. You’re doing it when Diggs contract expired. How do you not see a difference? You even gave him a tender for a first round pick.

Danielle Hunter was one year away from the market. As SirA explained he gave him a contract earlier to save money in the long run. You don’t have the same option bc Diggs is a UFA per BDL. He can decline and hit the market whereas Hunter needed one more year to reach RFA/UFA status.

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The remaining IRL contract is 69 million. 3 million of it was dumped into 2018 so therefore doesn't count for this extension.

Just look at his Spotrac page at the top where it says what his contract is.  Hopefully should clear this up for you.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

He was on the last year of his rookie deal IRL.  During that last year, he signed a 5 year 72mil extension, which is additional to what his was remaining on his rookie deal.  As a BDL player, he has not been paid any of this 72mil and is what his BDL 3 up is based on.

5 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

He was on the last year of his rookie deal IRL.  During that last year, he signed a 5 year 72mil extension, which is additional to what his was remaining on his rookie deal.  As a BDL player, he has not been paid any of this 72mil and is what his BDL 3 up is based on.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/danielle-hunter-16812/

He was paid 3 million of his 5 year 72 million dollar deal in 2018, prior to his "5 years" kicking in or SirA 3 up-ing him.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/danielle-hunter-16812/

He was paid 3 million of his 5 year 72 million dollar deal in 2018, prior to his "5 years" kicking in or SirA 3 up-ing him.

Yes, he was paid by the Vikings, not you.  We don't take into account cap hits, salary cap, signing bonus amortization, workout bonus structure or however else the NFL structures it to benefit the cap.  We take the contract as publicized, Spotrac has been the most consistent and generally used as gospel unless there are multiple different sites reporting different #s, and base the BDL contract off that.

As an extreme (Maybe not so), if Diggs had received a $20million workout bonus that counted towards the Vikes 2018 cap, you are proposing that you shouldn't have to include that in formulating his new contract.  We can't have tht type of inconsistency in our league as depending on how each NFL team structured their contracts could drastically effect how our contracts are defined.

You are new to this, but know that the contract that Diggs signed and you are attempting to 3 Up is the most common and easiest of contracts to determine.

• Like 1