BDL 2019 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

while they may have given him the signing bonus right away, they did nothing to his 2018 salary.  basically what we would do in this situation is, in my opinion, is take the three mill off .  its a bit of a unique situation in this case

so 

5 years 69 mill

would equate to 5 years at 10350 per at the 75 percent rate.  Thats how i would rule, but i'm only one of five

I really don't see how this has to be a "unique situation" at all, especially not one where we're essentially making up numbers. I'm literally using the exact numbers for his contract in my deal, luckily for me they kept his 2018 salary and didn't void it like they could have.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I really don't see how this has to be a "unique situation" at all, especially not one where we're essentially making up numbers. I'm literally using the exact numbers for his contract in my deal, luckily for me they kept his 2018 salary and didn't void it like they could have.

unfortunately for you 2018 season is over so thats irrelevant.  He signed a five year deal, not a six.  you don't get to factor that in post year.  Most of the time we would say good luck to you and not approve the 3 million off but I can see your point on the signing bonus and would rule in your favor of the 3 mill off

Edited by bcb1213

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

It's not unique, he signed a 5 yr $72 million extension.  That's what you base it off.

it kind of is in that they added the 3 mill to his rookie deal as a signing bonus last year then the rest of the extension is 69 mill.  

i'm fine with either 69 or 72, tbh , but i can at least listen to the argument for 69.

The issue that comes up if we allow the 69 however is people who are three upping guys in the middle of deals where the majority of the signing bonus came in early.  Its a pandora's box effect perhaps

edit for second paragraph

Edited by bcb1213

Just now, bcb1213 said:

would you actually like to discuss this or continue with the , humorous as they may be,  stupid gifs

I've stated my point, and why we attempted to make it the way we did. But now we're starting a u-turn tooooo

LOOP HOLE CITYYYY

giphy.gif

Louisiana Jazz ERFAs:

RB - Nyheim Hines
WR - Robert Foster
TE - Christopher Herndon
OT - Jordan Mailata
OT - Jospeh Noteboom
OC - Brian Allen
OC - Matt Skura
Edge - Randy Gregory
LB - Foyesade Oluokun
CB - Greg Stroman
CB - J.C Jackson

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

it kind of is in that they added the 3 mill to his rookie deal as a signing bonus last year then the rest of the extension is 69 mill.  

It's not, all teams do that to bring cap into the year the extension is signed.  It's more unique to not do that.  In fact, I don't think I have ever seen it.