BDL 2019 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

I'm trying to figure this out too.

This whole time I've been under the assumption that we used the contract terms ie. 5 yr(s) / $72,000,000 to determine the irl contract terms and not to use the breakdown of each year.

But then the D. Hunter deal was posted showing that isn't the case.  So if those that know how the Hunter deal was allowed for less and would be kind enough to provide a breakdown of how it is calculated it'd be much appreciated.

Also, which rule(s) were used in creating the Hunter deal?  I'm guessing the red text rule is what is used but wanna be certain.

3 Up (All year round) : Each year, an owner has the chance to resign 3 players at a discount rate. 

• If the player is an upcoming free agent that is not coming out of his BDL rookie deal, he can be signed at 75% of the value of his remaining IRL contract 
  • If a player is under BDL rookie contract but has just signed a new contract IRL, he can be signed at 75% of the value the IRL contract 
  • When 3 Upping a player who was RFA eligible but not tendered, the 3 Up offer may not include the value of the a RFA tender.
  • A player who is 3 upped for a single year by a team, upon signing a new contract in the NFL their BDL 3 up contract can be updated for the change in contract.
  • If a player is a free agent coming out of his BDL rookie contract and has signed a new deal IRL before the year of the 3up, then the owner has to pay 75% of the total IRL contract but end the contract the same year in BDL than IRL. For instance, player X has a BDL rookie contract from 2014 to 2019 at $2000 per year and signed a new deal IRL in 2018 at $10M per year for 6 years. You can either 3up him in 2018 at $7,500 per year for 6 years or in 2019 at $9,000 per year for 5 years. 
  • For players under the NFL Franchise Tag they can be 3 Upped for 100% the value of the Franchise tag. If the are signed to a long term deal during the same season their BDL Contract will revert to 75% of the IRL value of they new contract. This is done to prevent any issues with going over the BDL Salary cap.
  • Players who are submitted to the contract committee as 3 Ups are not included in the free agent pool. However, if the contract committee and the team have not agreed on a 3 Up contract by the start of Shark Tank, then that player will be considered eligible for bidding in the Shark Tank.

5 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'm trying to figure this out too.

This whole time I've been under the assumption that we used the contract terms ie. 5 yr(s) / $72,000,000 to determine the irl contract terms and not to use the breakdown of each year.

But then the D. Hunter deal was posted showing that isn't the case.  So if those that know how the Hunter deal was allowed for less and would be kind enough to provide a breakdown of how it is calculated it'd be much appreciated.

Also, which rule(s) were used in creating the Hunter deal?  I'm guessing the red text rule is what is used but wanna be certain.

3 Up (All year round) : Each year, an owner has the chance to resign 3 players at a discount rate. 

•  
  • If a player is under BDL rookie contract but has just signed a new contract IRL, he can be signed at 75% of the value the IRL contract 
  •  

It's this one. He was on a BDL Rookie contract and signed a new Contract IRL. The value of that contract IRL was his 2018 NFL salary and his $72M extension. 6 years $73,1907M. See other post for the numbers breakdown.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Odd, but works for me. Approved.

Yes I know. Hargreaves had his best training camp yet and played well in the first game of the season but got injured for the year. I am gambling that Bowles will get him playing well. And Shaq is likely to sign with a chance to start somewhere at EDGE. I was going to use my last three down on Gaines so now I don’t have to and the gamble on Shaq and Hargreaves even at their salaries is worth 7.9 IMO. We will see. 

Edited by Counselor
  • Like 1

***TRADE****

Orlando Ospreys trade

1st Rnd / Pick 7 - Orlando Ospreys

2nd Rnd / Pick 14 - Orlando Ospreys                                        

4th Rnd / Pick 7 - Orlando Ospreys

6th Rnd / Pick 9 - Orlando Ospreys

Wichita Woodpeckers

OG Quenton Nelson Wichita Woodpeckers $5,755 4

@PR

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said: