BDL 2019 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

16 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

makes no sense.  I'm hoping you're misguided in this.

What's the purpose of having a value on the tender?

If no one bids on the player you tendered how would you know what to pay them after the RFA period is over?

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If no one bids on the player you tendered how would you know what to pay them after the RFA period is over?

You pay the tendered amount so if you offered a 1st round tender on the player you'd pay 3500.

MD4L was making it out to be that the pay would remain the same, regardless the tender amount.  Meaning if James Bradberry's salary was 700 last year that it would remain the same. instead of the tendered amount of 3500.  He also said that there is no number you must target to submit a contract.  Again, if the tender amount is 3500, then that is where the bidding should start, not at 500 or whatever number less than that tendered amount.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

You pay the tendered amount so if you offered a 1st round tender on the player you'd pay 3500.

If I offer a player you placed a first round tender on, I have to offer him a totally new contract. Years and salary determined by the bidder. The owner has the right to match the offer and use the same contract that the bidder offered, or decline and take the pick.

If no one offers, you keep him for 1 year at the rounds tender price.

If you offer 500/year you've now likely just given the owner a great contract on a good player. So it's a balancing game. Offer enough to make them decline and take the pick, but not too much where you're regretting the contract and lost a pick at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

If I offer a player you placed a first round tender on, I have to offer him a totally new contract. Years and salary determined by the bidder. The owner has the right to match the offer and use the same contract that the bidder offered, or decline and take the pick.

If no one offers, you keep him for 1 year at the rounds tender price.

This is what I'm saying.

MD4L was saying something completely different.

My original question was do you guys want that tender amount added to the team rosters now or later?

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

If you offer 500/year you've now likely just given the owner a great contract on a good player. So it's a balancing game. Offer enough to make them decline and take the pick, but not too much where you're regretting the contract and lost a pick at the same time.

I do like this model because we have Dingo in this sim

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

This is what I'm saying.

MD4L was saying something completely different.

My original question was do you guys want that tender amount added to the team rosters now or later?

Add them now. Once a tender is applied it cannot be taken back. If someone loses the player, the new salary will be added to the new team or changed by the team that originally placed a tender on a player.

You must bid more than the tender amount per year as per the FA bid up rules, 2 years minimum as an opening bid.  The bids can be beat by competing offers by other teams until no one bids up the previous bid for 48 hours.  Think this is in the rules.

9 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

You must bid more than the tender amount per year as per the FA bid up rules, 2 years minimum as an opening bid.  The bids can be beat by competing offers by other teams until no one bids up the previous bid for 48 hours.  Think this is in the rules.

I was looking through the RFA section and didn't see a minimum bid set, maybe I missed it.

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

They are usually posted on the actual RFA thread when it goes up.

I added it to the Rules document. We used to just cut and paste from the old forum posts.

Any bids on RFA players must exceed the tender amount and be a minimum of 2 years. Bids must follow FA rules. New Initial bids aren't allowed within 48 hours of the deadline

After bidding completes, the current owner of the player has 48 hours to decide whether they will match the bid or not
Pick will be for the upcoming draft and if a team owns more than one pick in the round of the tender, the Team's Original pick will be used as compensation. After that, the lowest numbered pick will be used if multiple picks still exist.

• Like 1