BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

There's a flaw in this thinking BTW. Right now is exactly when we SHOULD be discussing all of these rules. Literally the only thing going on in the BDL between now and the end of April (over 2 months) is RFAs/ERFAs and maybe some trades, why not take this down/slow time to actually discuss/define/update the rules instead of pushing them off to the spring meeting that's right in between FA and the Shark Tank?

Edit: Or you can break it up as suggested before and use the Winter meeting to discuss season issues like schedule length, etc. and use the Summer meeting to discuss FA/resigning/draft updates. That way you're discussing these topics as they're fresh in your mind.

I think we've strayed away from meetings this time of year because we've attempted it and gotten poor participation because unlike BDL lifers like myself, lots of people detox from the league for a while at this time in the year and don't really get back into it until the draft really gets close. 

I'm not against a winter meeting by any means, but we've tried it before and it's really slow going and voting turnout is pretty low from what I can remember. 

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Kinda kicking your own trade in the balls, bro.

If you think he's worth more than 3000/1 then someone might be interested, if not pick him up on the cheap in the fa.  

I'm not a fan of horse trading and negotiating back and forth.  Just easier to state what I'm looking for and if you want him, let me know soon otherwise compete to land him in fa.  Short and sweet..ha. 

7 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'll start with this....Pheltz is right.

Of Course

My question that still hasn't been answered. Where in any of the rules does it allow you to use a 2019 3up in 2018? I agree it says you need to 3up him in that year to get a discount but not that you can use a future 3up to do it? The 3up shouldn't have been approved as you had already used your 3 in 2018 and you should be in a similar situation to me right now where you have the choice to RFA tender him or give him the 2019 3up at the higher rate.

He did not use a 2018 3 up for him.  As previously noted, there is a cutoff to when 2018 3ups end and 2019 begins (Obviously applies to each year)

Also to continue with Diggs instead of Hunter...I'm still looking at the "remaining IRL contract" as a reason why he would be at 5 years, 69 and not 5 years 72. The 3 million isn't "remaining" anymore as it was part of 2018. The term remaining was put in there for exactly this situation because this is the only situation in which a player would be on more than one contract at once.

If you want to change the wording and simplify it for future years I'm fine with it, but I'm following the rules as written.

You keep referring to the bold, and I've stated the reasons already.  You have not paid any of Diggs' 5 yr 72million contract, that is what the 3 up is based on.  Everyone has the same rules applied to their situation, as will I with Mason and Matthews.

11 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Of Course

He did not use a 2018 3 up for him.  As previously noted, there is a cutoff to when 2018 3ups end and 2019 begins (Obviously applies to each year)

You keep referring to the bold, and I've stated the reasons already.  You have not paid any of Diggs' 5 yr 72million contract, that is what the 3 up is based on.  Everyone has the same rules applied to their situation, as will I with Mason and Matthews.

As I will with Rob Havenstein.

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What a destruction PR for a G. 

Yea not sure I've ever seen a guard go for a haul like that. 

I got Trai Turner for a 4th last year. 

Pat Mahomes got traded for a pass rusher. 

2019 is craaaazy baby.