BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I think you can play him at SLB in a base 4-3 because he can play the run, cover, or blitz while being able to play on the edge in nickel and passing situations and be very, very effective.

I think Allen as the frame to be 265-270 when all is said and done without losing his quickness and with the ability to play 4-3 end, 4-3 LB or 3-4 OLB. Unlike Anthony Barr, Allen has already shown he's got a really well rounded game.

• Like 2

Just now, Jlash said:

I think Allen as the frame to be 265-270 when all is said and done without losing his quickness and with the ability to play 4-3 end, 4-3 LB or 3-4 OLB. Unlike Anthony Barr, Allen has already shown he's got a really well rounded game.

Oh, I could absolutely see Josh Allen being everything Anthony Barr was supposed to be and then some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

This is what people always forget about in draft evaluating. The effect of an NFL weight room. 

My example that I always use is Trent Cole. Drafted at 236lbs and ended his career at 270.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

This is what people always forget about in draft evaluating. The effect of an NFL weight room. 

My example that I always use is Trent Cole. Drafted at 236lbs and ended his career at 270.

That will do Brian Burns wonders

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Yep I’m going to follow his glorious QB scouting ways. If Long Beach had Osweiler and Lynch we would be five time Bizz Bowl Champions easily 

He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen. Plays up against bad competition and disappears against good. Problem is the bad competition goes to Arena league while the good goes to the NFL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PR said:

He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen. Plays up against bad competition and disappears against good. Problem is the bad competition goes to Arena league while the good goes to the NFL

He’s not good. But I’ll still draft him. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

That will do Brian Burns wonders

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I hope Burns measures in at 6'3 or taller. I'm worried he won't.

Yeah, I dunno if Burns has the frame to add as much weight/strength as Allen or Sweat.

• Like 1