BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

I guess count me in for those that had no idea there'd be any RFA bids. 

It just seems like bad practice. Hey opponent, I'm gonna give you the max options on how to utilize both my and your assets. How do you want them?

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I guess count me in for those that had no idea there'd be any RFA bids. 

It just seems like bad practice. Hey opponent, I'm gonna give you the max options on how to utilize both my and your assets. How do you want them?

giphy.gif?resize=640,640&ssl=1&crop=1

very hot take

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I was both curious and horrified at just how much people would bid on him.

I assume this is a no, but can someone with a 7th bid on a player with a 1st round tender? 

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I assume this is a no, but can someone with a 7th bid on a player with a 1st round tender? 

How exactly do you think that would work? Also, our RFA rules are linked in the OP.

24 minutes ago, Jlash said:

How exactly do you think that would work? Also, our RFA rules are linked in the OP.

I didn't think it would. I was just double checking something, had an eye on a player with a 6th round tender wanted to know if it was possible to bid on a player round(s) above your highest pick and figured I'd ask the extreme version of the question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

This is something I KNOW I'm right about. Giving your opponent the final choice, even if it's between multiple universally bad options, is suboptimal

Are you basing all this off of Dingos old bids?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I'm basing this off the fact that I've been playing competitive games for my entire life at a high level, and I believe I know a thing or two about game theory, just as any professional would claim outstanding knowledge in their field.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Let's pretend for a second that BDL is a game with more defined resources. We have three of them: talent, draft picks, and cap space.

Let's say I have a move that says "player X loses 10 cap space points" and a move that says "player X chooses to lose 20 talent points, 20 draft picks points, or 20 cap space points."

The first move is the optimal choice over the second. You can utilize your move in the best way possible to have the maximum effect on someone (like when someone is tight and needs a waiver claim). The second move will almost never completely screw someone over. They have to be completely unable to sacrifice any of their resources in order for this to be truly punishing.

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Let's pretend for a second that BDL is a game with more defined resources. We have three of them: talent, draft picks, and cap space.

Let's say I have a move that says "player X loses 10 cap space points" and a move that says "player X chooses to lose 20 talent points, 20 draft picks points, or 20 cap space points."

The first move is the optimal choice over the second. You can utilize your move in the best way possible to have the maximum effect on someone (like when someone is tight and needs a waiver claim). The second move will almost never completely screw someone over. They have to be completely unable to sacrifice any of their resources in order for this to be truly punishing.

You are an INTJ arent you?

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I would really, really, really prefer if you would save these lessons til after RFA.