BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Mahomes is better and he's better suited to Jlash's team while you could build a successful offense around Lamar for cheaper. Plus CMac and Lamar would be dope.

Camden improves while Portland has the potential to improve. 

I don't really see the problem.

Just now, WFLukic said:

I don't really see the problem

Because I just won the title, bro. Any other team making this deal, with two MVP QB's wouldn't have mattered. I've taken away the excitement for next season because I will have just become the first 7 time BDL champ if the trade happened.

I already PM xmad.

Currently exploring moves/trades that do not immediately improve my team. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Because I just won the title, bro. Any other team making this deal, with two MVP QB's wouldn't have mattered. I've taken away the excitement for next season because I will have just become the first 7 time BDL champ if the trade happened.

I already PM xmad.

Currently exploring moves/trades that do not immediately improve my team. 

Ok make a trade with me that makes your team worse

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's funny, because that is the exact opposite of what I was told when I joined this league. I was told it was just to make sure no illegal cap moves were made.

If almost never happens. It's really for egregious trades only, if people are being taken advantage of or to stop someone from just tanking their team on purpose to quit. 

Or if other teams are worried you just made your team better after winning the title. (oh god this will fuel jabs from me forever)

edit: Also, that's not the EXACT opposite of what you were told, the committee still needs to ensure roster/cap/pick stuff works.

Edited by Jlash

To me, the Mahomes for Jackson is a bogus trade, period. Having teams be able to willy nill stack rosters while doing **** like not allowing teams to cut guys like Baldwin when it's common knowledge they're never playing again so that they can properly manage their team and build to be more competitive. And btw, thsts not about me, I wasnt the only one not allowed to make a cut like this. There are ways to make the league better but itll never happen. Because people dont believe in allowing teams to ACTUALLY improve.

Dont sit there and try to tell me that this isnt the rich trying to stay rich and trying to keep the poor poor. No reason, at all for a team to trade the best QB in the league to a team that already has Deshaun Watson.

Furthermore, the idea that Camden isnt giving up any draft picks to acquire that player either...gtfo with that crap. Totally senseless trade.

The first time Mahomes was traded it was a terrible trade, this time, it's worse. Mahomes isnt the reason Portland isnt winning games. It's the lack of WR, OL, Defense depth. Stop trading away picks and start getting serious about team building and your team wont suck

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

To me, the Mahomes for Jackson is a bogus trade, period. Having teams be able to willy nill stack rosters while doing **** like not allowing teams to cut guys like Baldwin when it's common knowledge they're never playing again so that they can properly manage their team and build to be more competitive. 

Dont sit there and try to tell me that this isnt the rich trying to stay rich and trying to keep the poor poor. No reason, at all for a team to trade the best QB in the league to a team that already has Deshaun Watson.

Furthermore, the idea that Camden isnt giving up any draft picks to acquire that player either...gtfo with that crap. Totally senseless trade.

The first time Mahomes was traded it was a terrible trade, this time, it's worse. Mahomes isnt the reason Portland isnt winning games. It's the lack of WR, OL, Defense depth. Stop trading away picks and start getting serious about team building and your team wont suck

You're a blind homer Steelers fan who has made it widely known your disdain for Jackson. Take your BS somewhere else today.

I think WW is under the assumption I run this league or have made up the rules, when in reality I'm just one of two people willing to constantly explain the same things to him over and over and over and over and over and over. Counselor being the other. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

You're a blind homer Steelers fan who has made it widely known your disdain for Jackson. Take your BS somewhere else today.

Um..I actually really like Lamar Jackson as a player. Openly admitted in the General forum I was wrong about him. Blind homer? No THATS bs.