BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1.1 - Lousiana - Nick Bosa, DE - A - This is a very weak draft class but there is a clear top 3 and Bosa is a good choice. With pass rushers now getting PAID, $6500 a year for Bosa is a very team friendly deal for the next 5 years. Louisiana take advantage of the opportunity to rebuild their defensive front early in the draft, getting younger and more talented.

1.2 - Berlin - Quinnen Williams, DT - A - A very expensive DL gets more resources put into it. The pick was almost a no brainer and personally I see Williams as the #1 player in the draft. The future moves of Berlin are going to be interesting given their current roster make up and having no 3 Downs left. This roster seems to be prime for a rebuild given the number of 1 year deals  but they recently traded for Brady so it is anyones guess how the future of this team looks both short and long term.

1.3 - Lousiana - Josh Allen, DE - A - There goes the final no brainer pick of this draft, from here on out crazy draft time begins! This pick fascinates me, Louisiana have in theory locked down their starting DEs to a combined $12,505 for the next five years. Add in the 2x QBs they added at very low deals last year (combined $9,035) and they are saving a lot of money at positions that teams usually have most of their cap locked up in. If these players hit then Louisiana is setting itself up to splash some cash and be very dominant for the foreseeable future.

1.4 - Seoul - Kyler Murray, QB - B+ - Seoul made an aggressive move to go and get the QB they coveted and for that I applaud them. Everyone by now is very familiar with the knocks on Murray but there is no denying that he is a dynamic player who in the right system could become a very productive starting QB in the NFL. Seoul would be wise to bring in a veteran QB in the short term if they want to compete for a championship next year but have ample cap space to do so. Core players on the team seem to mainly for multiple year deals so don’t expect this roster to churn too much in the future.

1.5 - Wichita - DK Metcalf, WR - F - Sorry PR but I really dislike this pick. Metcalf looks great on Instagram but I have serious concerns about his future as an NFL player. You certainly seem to have a type of WR you like as I seem to remember in the past you had Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree on your roster and I hope that I am wrong and Metcalf becomes a WR1 for you. A big decision will need to be made on Goff in upcoming years that will mean finances could get a little tighter. However, the ample amount of cap space this year coupled with key veterans getting up their in age should be all the invitation you need to go for broke and push for a championship run this year.

Crazy Trade Idea of the Day - Given the state of the rosters, Wichita and Berlin seem ripe for a QB trade with Wichita taking advantage of their short window to compete and picking up Brady and Berlin getting Goff.

1.6 - Anchorage - Ed Oliver, DT - B - This would be a higher grade if Anchorage had more of a need at the position. Oliver is an athletic extremely talented, similar to the guy taken before him, but has backed up his hype a lot more. I feel they have definitely drafted for value here which is not a bad thing, but they now have a logjam at DT all on deals of 3+ years. The roster has some nice components but needs a bit of TLC and the owner is probably looking at splashing a big chunk of their cash on a QB in FA.

1.7 - Wichita - TJ Hockenson, TE - A+ - TE is a very sparse position in the NFL made even thinner by the recent retirement of Gronk. This move carries some risk as Hockenson instantly becomes one of the Top 5 paid TEs in the league but the potential for a true xfactor is too much to pass up in a draft where frankly everyone has holes you are accommodating after the top 3. TJ should add immediate value so supports the goal of competing immediately.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

1.1 - Lousiana - Nick Bosa, DE - A - This is a very weak draft class but there is a clear top 3 and Bosa is a good choice. With pass rushers now getting PAID, $6500 a year for Bosa is a very team friendly deal for the next 5 years. Louisiana take advantage of the opportunity to rebuild their defensive front early in the draft, getting younger and more talented.

1.2 - Berlin - Quinnen Williams, DT - A - A very expensive DL gets more resources put into it. The pick was almost a no brainer and personally I see Williams as the #1 player in the draft. The future moves of Berlin are going to be interesting given their current roster make up and having no 3 Downs left. This roster seems to be prime for a rebuild given the number of 1 year deals  but they recently traded for Brady so it is anyones guess how the future of this team looks both short and long term.

1.3 - Lousiana - Josh Allen, DE - A - There goes the final no brainer pick of this draft, from here on out crazy draft time begins! This pick fascinates me, Louisiana have in theory locked down their starting DEs to a combined $12,505 for the next five years. Add in the 2x QBs they added at very low deals last year (combined $9,035) and they are saving a lot of money at positions that teams usually have most of their cap locked up in. If these players hit then Louisiana is setting itself up to splash some cash and be very dominant for the foreseeable future.

1.4 - Seoul - Kyler Murray, QB - B+ - Seoul made an aggressive move to go and get the QB they coveted and for that I applaud them. Everyone by now is very familiar with the knocks on Murray but there is no denying that he is a dynamic player who in the right system could become a very productive starting QB in the NFL. Seoul would be wise to bring in a veteran QB in the short term if they want to compete for a championship next year but have ample cap space to do so. Core players on the team seem to mainly for multiple year deals so don’t expect this roster to churn too much in the future.

1.5 - Wichita - DK Metcalf, WR - F - Sorry PR but I really dislike this pick. Metcalf looks great on Instagram but I have serious concerns about his future as an NFL player. You certainly seem to have a type of WR you like as I seem to remember in the past you had Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree on your roster and I hope that I am wrong and Metcalf becomes a WR1 for you. A big decision will need to be made on Goff in upcoming years that will mean finances could get a little tighter. However, the ample amount of cap space this year coupled with key veterans getting up their in age should be all the invitation you need to go for broke and push for a championship run this year.

Crazy Trade Idea of the Day - Given the state of the rosters, Wichita and Berlin seem ripe for a QB trade with Wichita taking advantage of their short window to compete and picking up Brady and Berlin getting Goff.

1.6 - Anchorage - Ed Oliver, DT - B - This would be a higher grade if Anchorage had more of a need at the position. Oliver is an athletic extremely talented, similar to the guy taken before him, but has backed up his hype a lot more. I feel they have definitely drafted for value here which is not a bad thing, but they now have a logjam at DT all on deals of 3+ years. The roster has some nice components but needs a bit of TLC and the owner is probably looking at splashing a big chunk of their cash on a QB in FA.

1.7 - Wichita - TJ Hockenson, TE - A+ - TE is a very sparse position in the NFL made even thinner by the recent retirement of Gronk. This move carries some risk as Hockenson instantly becomes one of the Top 5 paid TEs in the league but the potential for a true xfactor is too much to pass up in a draft where frankly everyone has holes you are accommodating after the top 3. TJ should add immediate value so supports the goal of competing immediately.

I admit, DK is all over the board. He would not have made it to 2.5 and unlike Dez or Crabs DK has breakaway speed. 

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok, I'll be making a pick in the next 5-10.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Sorry, I lied.

You're the last person I expected to commit draft fouls and this is twice to start the draft.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

You're the last person I expected to commit draft fouls and this is twice to start the draft.

I know.  I'm trying to hurry.  

I woke up to being OTC and PMs.  Thought I was ready and got more PMs.  

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

I never trust a rookie to start day 1. We'll see who's available in FA/Shark Tank and go from there. However, I'm rebuilding around Kyler so I don't know if I really intend to go for a championship this year