BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Go check.

I did.

You voted no.

But you still use 3ups.

#gotcha. 

Also found like 3-4 examples of SIrA saying you can use 3ups on players with 1 year deals. I remember that being a recent issue but can remember who for or what it was even about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

I did.

You voted no.

But you still use 3ups.

#gotcha. 

Also found like 3-4 examples of SIrA saying you can use 3ups on players with 1 year deals. I remember that being a recent issue but can remember who for or what it was even about.

Who approved it? Let’s get names.

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

I did.

You voted no.

But you still use 3ups.

#gotcha. 

I voted no because it is lazy and self-serving.  3 85% discounts a year are hilariously favorable to us.  Reducing it even more is just ridiculous.  I personally think that 3 90% deals would be more realistic.  And actually, if we wanted to drum up free agency as has been suggested, we would erase 3Ups altogether.  But it does make sense to have a small discount as we tend to have more top tier players who are more expensive.  

And yes, I have used 3Ups.  Because why would I put myself at a disadvantage against the rest of the league?  It is a democratic voting system.  If the majority votes for it, that is the rule.  Even if I don't agree with it.  You still use rules that you may not have voted in favor of.  Trying to discount my opposition because I follow the rules, even those i disagree with, is a shameful move on your part and honestly beneath you.

Here's my question to you...who first proposed the idea of reducing 3Ups even more? 

12 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Who approved it? Let’s get names.

FYI this is the 2018 owners meeting. 

Topic 1: Match BDL Salary Cap to previous years' NFL Salary Cap. This would repeal and replace any previous BDL Salary cap formula increases.

Yes (12): Pheltz, Hockey, BCB, Ragnarok, Xmad, Lukic, Dingo, Counselor, JLash, Ruskie, SirA, PR

No (2) - MD4L, Footsy

Topic 2: Add a Franchise Tag at the Avg of the Top 5 BDL players salary fo UFA's.

No (12) - Whicker, Pheltz, Xmad, Counselor, Ragnarok, TedLavie, JLash, Hockey, Ruskie, SirA, Dingo, PR

Topic 3: Reduce the FA Max Contract size for BDL players from 6 to 5 years. 

Yes (9) - Footy, SirA, JLash, XMad, Ruskie, MD4L, Dingo, PR, Pheltz

No (5) - Whicker, BCB, Hockey, Ted, Lukic

Topic 4: Increase # of years on mid and late round draft picks (Rounds 5-7) from 3 years to 4 years.

Yes (1) - PR, 

No (9) - SirA, Whicker, Dingo, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Ragnarok, BCB, Hockey

Topic 5: PFA Scramble order flipped from first to worst for Round 2.

Yes (8) - SirA1, Bcb, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Dingo, Ted, XMad

No (7) - Hockey, PR, Counselor, Ruskie, JLash, Whicker, Ragnarok 

Topic 6: Increase the minimum opening bid in FA from 40% salary to 50% salary.

Yes (9) - SirA1, Xmad, JLash, Pheltz, Ted, Whicker, Dingo, Ragnarok, Ruskie

No (5) - BcB, MD4L, Skunkapes, Hockey, PR

Topic 7: Reduce the amount a 3 Up contract is based on from 85% to 75%.

Yes (9) - SkunkApes, SirA1, Ruskie, Xmad, PR, Lukic, Hockey, Whicker, JLash

No (4) - Ragnarok, Bcb, Pheltz, MD4L

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I voted no because it is lazy and self-serving.  3 85% discounts a year are hilariously favorable to us.  Reducing it even more is just ridiculous.  I personally think that 3 90% deals would be more realistic.  And actually, if we wanted to drum up free agency as has been suggested, we would erase 3Ups altogether.  But it does make sense to have a small discount as we tend to have more top tier players who are more expensive.  

And yes, I have used 3Ups.  Because why would I put myself at a disadvantage against the rest of the league?  It is a democratic voting system.  If the majority votes for it, that is the rule.  Even if I don't agree with it.  You still use rules that you may not have voted in favor of.  Trying to discount my opposition because I follow the rules, even those i disagree with, is a shameful move on your part and honestly beneath you.

Here's my question to you...who first proposed the idea of reducing 3Ups even more? 

It was a joke mate. You didn't need to use your new law degree on me. 

I have no idea but if I had to guess @SkunkApes

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

FYI this is the 2018 owners meeting. 

Topic 1: Match BDL Salary Cap to previous years' NFL Salary Cap. This would repeal and replace any previous BDL Salary cap formula increases.

Yes (12): Pheltz, Hockey, BCB, Ragnarok, Xmad, Lukic, Dingo, Counselor, JLash, Ruskie, SirA, PR

No (2) - MD4L, Footsy

Topic 2: Add a Franchise Tag at the Avg of the Top 5 BDL players salary fo UFA's.

No (12) - Whicker, Pheltz, Xmad, Counselor, Ragnarok, TedLavie, JLash, Hockey, Ruskie, SirA, Dingo, PR

Topic 3: Reduce the FA Max Contract size for BDL players from 6 to 5 years. 

Yes (9) - Footy, SirA, JLash, XMad, Ruskie, MD4L, Dingo, PR, Pheltz

No (5) - Whicker, BCB, Hockey, Ted, Lukic

Topic 4: Increase # of years on mid and late round draft picks (Rounds 5-7) from 3 years to 4 years.

Yes (1) - PR, 

No (9) - SirA, Whicker, Dingo, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Ragnarok, BCB, Hockey

Topic 5: PFA Scramble order flipped from first to worst for Round 2.

Yes (8) - SirA1, Bcb, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Dingo, Ted, XMad

No (7) - Hockey, PR, Counselor, Ruskie, JLash, Whicker, Ragnarok 

Topic 6: Increase the minimum opening bid in FA from 40% salary to 50% salary.

Yes (9) - SirA1, Xmad, JLash, Pheltz, Ted, Whicker, Dingo, Ragnarok, Ruskie

No (5) - BcB, MD4L, Skunkapes, Hockey, PR

Topic 7: Reduce the amount a 3 Up contract is based on from 85% to 75%.

Yes (9) - SkunkApes, SirA1, Ruskie, Xmad, PR, Lukic, Hockey, Whicker, JLash

No (4) - Ragnarok, Bcb, Pheltz, MD4L

It was a joke mate. You didn't need to use your new law degree on me. 

I have no idea but if I had to guess @SkunkApes

Then I apologize.  I missed the joke part in translation.

I think it was SirA.  

But hey, I'll give SirA his credit where it's due.  He knew he had some big deals coming up...so he got yall to agree to reduce the 3Up amount and make sure that the 5 year rule didnt apply to 3Ups.  

Well played SirA.  Well played.

Yall fell for it hook, line, sinker, and rod.

• Like 5

For the owners meeting this summer.

1a.  3ups go back to 85%

1b. 3ups go to 90%(still a huge discount)

1c. A team can resign guys to 100% of their current deal during an offseason.

If you will not vote for 1c because you think itll hurt FA, then you should vote for 1b because that helps FA the most.

I would personally prefer 1a and 1c being approved.

If be against moving it back to 85 while letting one or two of owners getting huge discounts on their Mega stars this year.  Sorry rags., I voted against moving it to 75 in the first place 

14 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

If be against moving it back to 85 while letting one or two of owners getting huge discounts on their Mega stars this year.  Sorry rags., I voted against moving it to 75 in the first place 

What if I made a proposition that made it retroactive if approved?

I mean...75% is just ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

What if I made a proposition that made it retroactive if approved?

I mean...75% is just ridiculous.

Undo all 3ups done at 75% that would now be 90%/yr? 

The math and chaos that would create... changing the math on a previous deal just opens you to an instant no.

38 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For the owners meeting this summer.

1a.  3ups go back to 85%

1b. 3ups go to 90%(still a huge discount)

1c. A team can resign guys to 100% of their current deal during an offseason.

If you will not vote for 1c because you think itll hurt FA, then you should vote for 1b because that helps FA the most.

I would personally prefer 1a and 1c being approved.

Noted I'll add it to the agenda. 

I'm propsing getting rid of year round 3 ups, the pheltz rule and lots of things to ma,e it simpler.

You will come to love 75% when QBs are 35k a year. 

I can also tell you right now that the 50% fa min bid is going to induce some sticker shock just from running some numbers. That's where the savings from 3 ups is going to go.

12 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

The math and chaos that would create... changing the math on a previous deal just opens you to an instant no.

Rags is concerned that about $2500 in saving on the largest contract in nfl history is going to brake things when the cap will approach 190k next season. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Or just revert them to the original 85%.

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Rags is concerned that about $2500 in saving on the largest contract in nfl history is going to brake things when the cap will approach 190k next season. 

That's a horse crap way to portray my concerns and you know it.