BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Also what's with these guys changing their names right after they're drafted? 

Riley Ridley going by Cavin Ridley (his actual first name? Who names their kids Calvin and Cavin?), which is going to be confusing as hell. Bryce Love is Johnathan Love now, and there's at least one more guy who added a hyphen to his last name.

From my understanding from a buddy whose in a college admissions /scholarship department.  It's a huge hassle to rewrite scholarships after someone has already attended a year which by ncaa law you have to do if someone changes his legal name. 

Most of these kids verbally commit before they themselves can legally change their names without parental permission.  Thus, I think more of the name changes have to do with college career/school year ending more than with being drafted 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Jennings was my top player. Waited a week to see him get sniped.

I gave him a long and hard thought but at the end of the day he reminded me to much of current, and soon to be former, eagle Shelton Gibson. Speed guy with bad hands from West Virginia.

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I gave him a long and hard thought but at the end of the day he reminded me to much of current, and soon to be former, eagle Shelton Gibson. Speed guy with bad hands from West Virginia.

Gibson is 5’11 with <4.50 40 and decent production. Jennings is 6’1 with a 4.42 40 and more catches in his final year of college (97) than Gibson’s entire career at WVU (84).

13 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Gibson is 5’11 with <4.50 40 and decent production. Jennings is 6’1 with a 4.42 40 and more catches in his final year of college (97) than Gibson’s entire career at WVU (84).

His final year he only had 54 but regardless....they're both still vertical guys from WVU that need to invest in some stickum.

19 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So good you didn't take him with one of your 84 picks this year....tell me more.

If Baldwin calls it quits, the landing spot couldn't be any better.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m going to take a few minutes because it doesn’t feel respectable to others that I’m prepared to pick.

*respectful. And that term went out the window a while ago.

• Like 1