BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Hey @SirA1 when you get a minute can you update everyone one more time on the FA schedule upcoming?

BDL Free Agency occurs much later than they NFL because we like it that way, Normally starts the end of May/Early June. This gives time for all the contracts to settle down and also teams to add those last few pieces they need for the upcoming year.

The 2019 FA Schedule (on a rotating basis)
1. OL/QB - The Essentials Week (June 3rd-9th)
2. DB/DL/LB - Defense Week (June 10th-16th) I'm going to be out of town the 12th-17th so will need help updating stuff this week.
3. RB/TE/WR/FB - Skill Players Week (June 17th-23rd)

Basic Rules
Free Agent Deals and Extensions can range from 2 to 5 years.
If a multiple year contract the lowest yearly salary is $501
A team’s active bids may not exceed the salary cap.
In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. 

If an offer stands for 48 hours without a new bid then that player will automatically be signed by the winning team and locked on to your roster for the current year. You cannot take a bid back so please bid accordingly and make sure you have the cap space. Please try not to edit your posts as we will be using the timestamp for bid verification. If you do edit your edit time will be the official start time of the bid.

The League Minimum is $501 per year. In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. 

Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years. 
Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary
To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500
To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.

For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.

For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000

Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

For every extra year added you must add at least 85% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. 

For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

• Like 4

The biggest thing that twists people up for BDL Free Agency is the relationship between Salary and Contract.

Salary is the per year basis and we use Spotrac to determine that value for starting/maintaining bids.

Contract is the total worth of the deal

Edit. I think the only thing left out above is that you have to have you initial bid in by 11:59pm on Fridays of the week in question.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I will do so by the end of the week

I have a mostly free day today, and I was going to try to make a 2020 mock, but it's just too difficult without the guys on the rosters.

So once that happens, you'll get a mock draft.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I have a mostly free day today, and I was going to try to make a 2020 mock, but it's just too difficult without the guys on the rosters.

So once that happens, you'll get a mock draft.

Do it!!!

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I'll be asking questions a little bit later cuz there's a couple things in that post above the confuse me and I think it's simply that I'm not exactly comprehending it.

Yea, it's worded wonky cause it's hard to explain without seeing examples imo.  Once you see it, makes way more sense 

My biggest question pertains to the whole 5000 meeting to be 250 above or whatever are we talking about if we are making an offer to players who are on a real-life contract I mean that part of it I don't understand. I guess I don't really understand what the Baseline for making an offer at all to a player in free agency actually is

BDL UDFA Draft Grades

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 1 - Williamsport Soul Reavers - Safety Marquise Blair, Utah

Grade: B

Rational: He got picked pretty high so there’s inevitably an opportunity to earn playing time rather quickly. The Seahawks tend to be good at using average athletes and develop them into good players. His athleticism makes him more of a two man under safety rather than a single high cover man.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 2 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Hjalte Froholdt, OG, Ark

Grade: B+

Rational: When the Patriots target guys you can at least count on a player becoming rather successful if they really like him. Froholdt comes with a ZBS body type and is strong, which will be important because his short arms. Screech has a tendency to make guys really good especially on the interior OL without spending high capital. It may not occur year one, but Froholdt should develop into a starter. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 3 - Singapore Sentinels - Mecole Hardman Jr. WR Georgia

Grade: A-

Rational: When you get a guy that works with Patrick Mahomes and possibly replacing Tyreek Hill, there’s excellent value. Additionally, as a second round choice, he’s going to get every opportunity to contribute for arguably the leagues premier offense. His college production was mediocre and perhaps another player would’ve been a better fit from a prospect standpoint (Parris Campbell IRL), but I’m not going to bet against KC’s front office. Quality upside here even if there’s a floor.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 4 - Portland Horned Owls - Drew Sample, TE, Washington

Grade: C-

Rational: The value in blocking TEs is rough, and Sample wasn’t a big producer in Washington. That being said he’s a 2nd round pick so the Bengals definitely saw somethings they liked about him, and he’s got an easy way to playing time if Tyler Eifert’s health betrays him as it has the past couple of years. Add in Zac Taylor’s offensive mindset making this his second selection as coach, and there’s a real chance Sample gets reps early in his career, which is hard to ask for more at this stage (even though there’s some talent remaining). 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 5 - Wichita Woodpeckers - Trysten Hill DT, UCF

Grade: A+

Rational: He killed the combine and the Cowboys coveted him for quite some time. If you scouted him you probably recall his conference championship effort against Memphis and that boost helped his draft stock for what was a below average season in terms of production. The wear and tear on him isn’t like other prospects but there are character concerns with him. Still, I value athletic guys quite a bit and Dallas seems to love him. If he buys into Marinelli coaching style, we should see a year one impact. Playing time is there for the taking.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 6 - Camden Hood Rats - Maxx Crosby EDGE, EMU

Grade: B-

Rational: Lower level guys tend to need some time to become adjusted to the NFL playing speed. Luckily Crosby posses NFL caliber athleticism with some pass rush moves. Oakland will have one edge rusher spot solidified with Ferrell.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 7 - Cuba Smugglers - Will Harris, S, Boston College

Rational: In my mind this is an A pick. Boston College has done a great job sending guys to the league on defense like John Johnson. Harris has experience playing single high, in the box, and covering slot receivers. Add in Matt Patricia’s Belichick lite ability to develop at that position and there’s upside to this pick. He’s a great athlete so it’s skeptical as to why he was rarely around the ball in terms of INTs and PBUs, hence the slight ding.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 8 - Gotham Gashslayers - Jahlani Tavai, Rainbow Warrior - LB

Rational: Lets start with the value here. A high second round choice in RL is outstanding, and with playing time possibilities immediately, Tavai has an easy path to playing time and making this grade look silly. That being said he’s not a standout athlete although he did have high level production in Hawaii. The step in competition could be a problem, but my opinion says the development process could take a year or two. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 9 - Singapore Sentinels - Ben Powers, OG, Oklahoma

Rational: This is a good pick though guards are rarely sexy choices. He’s got some Richie Incognito in him on the field which is a good thing. He’s got long arms and moves well at his size. Part of the NCAAs top offensive line with three years worth of starts. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 10 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Bobby Okereke, Linebacker, Stanford

Grade: A

Rational: I grew on him quite a bit during the scouting process. He was a sleeper but the Colts drafted him high with beliefs that he could be Darius Leonard 2.0. He’s got quality production and did himself well at the combine. Anthony Walker is the incumbent starter at MLB, but the Colts are big on open competition. Okereke could be one of the best picks looking back a few years from now.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 11 - Seoul Dragons - Ryqell Armstead, RB, Jacksonville

Rational: There’s some upside here as Armstead held his own at the combine. Jacksonville has a bell cow with some off field issues and nothing else that jumps off the page at RB. Armstead has a skill set that fits what the Jags wasn’t so there’s upside that this pick is good for Ted.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 12 - Oklahoma City EF5s - LB Quincy Williams, Murray State

Grade: C

Rational: The value here is great. Whicker talks about how NFL teams making such decisions having more knowledge than we do. He’s absolutely right in that regard. However as a prospect this guy was a relative unknown by the masses. He’s 5’11,  225, with 33 inch arms, and a 4.56 40 at his pro day. It’s definitely a developmental process projecting his ability to play. He can become a special team ace which will make this pick good in the NFL. In BDL, he’s got some transition go deal with, and Whicker could consider this a win if Williams can develop into a defensive role.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 13 - Louisiana Jazz - Devin Singletary, Running Back, Florida Atlantic

Rational: I’m conflicted. On one hand, Singletary should have been drafted in BDL. He got drafted high enough IRL, and there’s a chance LeSean McCoy won’t be on Buffalo’s roster at some point this year which would open up a competition Singletary can certainly take advantage of considering Gore is an older player and Yeldon is more COP. On the other hand, Singletary was unimpressive from an athletic standpoint and has some real durability concerns over a multi year NFL career considering his college workload. RB positional value in BDL is more important than the NFL, and he does have a chance to become a solid player for a couple years. Ultimately this was a great pick with good value, but there’s a case this is where Singletary belongs, hence the B+.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 14 - Rome Eternals - OG Wes Martin, Indiana 

Rational: I’m not going to act like I scouted everyone, so my opinion on Martin doesn’t hold much weight. That being said, he started every game at LG for Indiana the past two seasons, and has some experience playing LT. 38 bench reps with 32 3/8 inch arms is impressive so he presumably fits the bill in a developmental guy. The Redskins had some offensive line injuries last season so Martin could get some snaps as soon as this season. Not a steal but I’m not going to call it a bad pick by any means.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 15 - Rome Eternals - QB Jarret Stidham  War Eagle

Rational: Brady’s backup means two things. 1. He’s probably not seeing the field. 2. He will reap good value IRL within the next three years. Does that move the needle for Rome? I don’t think so. He’s a hot/cold prospect but he’s got some talent. There’s a real case his ceiling is low level starter and more likely a backup, so that is low value in BDL. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 16 - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State/Atlanta Falcons

Rational: As a prospect, Sheffield is impressive. His body type suggest he can be a boundary CB. The issue aside from inconsistent tape is ATL has its secondary locked in already. Sheffield might evolve into a starter in time, but with experience with Isaiah Oliver not getting many reps as a rookie, Hockey will hope this is more of a Brian Poole situation. He would have been drafted higher if he was able to perform at the combine.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 1 - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State/Minnesota Vikings

Rational: I’m not a big fan of Mattison and that is the only reason this isn’t an A- at least. Minnesota invested in the offensive line after giving Kirk Cousins $28 million to play with a patchwork line. Dalvin Cook hasn’t always been durable so there’s an opportunity for playing time if there’s a mishap.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 2 - Rome Eternals - WR Hunter Renfrow.  Cloakland

Rational: Normally guys like Renfrow are on Medicaid but this guy can actually play. Renfrow has the look of a slot receiver and is seasoned well from his experience in Clemson.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 3 - Carolina Intimidators - Renell Wren, IDL, Arizona State

Rational: This is a solid selection as Wren has the potential to develop into a long term starter. He’s got some pass rush upside and did a fantastic job at the combine. He took a while to develop in college but it’s not inconceivable he can get a role next to Geno Atkins early in his career. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 4 - Louisiana Jazz - Sheldrick Redwine, Defensive Back, The University of Miami

Rational: Played a bevy of roles in Miami and has some blitz ability. He projects as a safety more than anything, and has production over multiple years. Great athlete. Being from Miami quietly makes this an A+ in my book. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 5 - Oklahoma City EF5s - Ryan Finley, QB, NC State 

Rational: Over the highest remaining QB that didn’t get taken? I like the other guy a bit more. As a prospect the actual grade is a C- because Finley projects as a backup. That being said Cincinnati isn’t a bad destination for a backup and it’s a new coach getting his first chance to draft his guy. It’s not inconceivable this is a Kyle Luletta situation, but Finley would have to get in trouble the week he earns the starting job to completely bottom out. RL backup QBs have zero value in BDL. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 6 - Seoul Dragons - Phil Haynes, OG, Seahawks

Rational: Apparently guards are the best way to get good grades. Love Phil Haynes and unlike the others, I think he’s got a real shot to be a good starter (also I actually scouted him). Seattle has competition but he figures to challenge for a starting spot at some point this season. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 7 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Sione Takitaki, Linebacker, BYU

Rational: He’s not an elite athlete but didn’t completely embarrass himself at the combine. The production checks off and he deserves respect for making it into the NFL from his prior mistakes. Unsure he’ll become more than a lynchpin on special teams though his draft status (more important than my opinion) projects otherwise. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 8 - Singapore Sentinels - Gary Jennings Jr. WR West Virginia

Rational: This pick is an A-, but when you figure Baldwin may retire, and the open nature Seattle tends to have in terms of competition, you can’t blame anyone for being optimistic about Jennings chances at carving out a solid career in Seattle. Even if Metcalf establishes a role, Russell is such a free will player that guys get opportunities to play. Deep speed is a plus.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 9 - Gotham Gashslayers - Daylon Mack, NT, Texas A&M

Rational: He earned a lot of money with his production this year. He went to the senior bowl and played well, then had a respectable combine. The massive size gives you NT potential and those guys are actually helpful in BDL. Can easily be an A pick in a few years.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 10 - Cuba Smugglers - Austin Bryant, Edge, Clemson

Rational: How can I dislike my own choice? I really wanted someone from Clemson’s DL. Trading down lost a chance to get Wilkins and Ferrell was already gone before I picked. Bryant has production for almost three years and an open lane to playing time in Detroit. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 11 - Camden Hood Rats - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

Rational: This is more reward than risk, hence the good grade. Snell is a workhorse and isn’t overly athletic for his size. That being said he falls into an interesting situation in Pittsburgh as they love bell cows and have a well established starter in James Conner and Jaylen Samuels didn’t embarrass himself when his chance came around. Pittsburgh claims they will be more diverse with their RB touches. The public needs to see it to believe it.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 12 - Wichita Woodpeckers -  Darius Slayton, WR, Auburn

Rational: This is actually an A- choice but Slayton fell pretty far in the draft. That being said, the Giants receiving corps isn’t necessarily locked down after Sterling Shepard and Slayton has the ability to lid lift opposing defenses. I see him carving out a Devery Henderson type of role.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 13 - Portland Horned Owls - Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

Rational: Xmad had to be deflated going from a high flyer in Slayton to a limited safety prospect like Edwards. Limited could be considered an insult but his skill set can definitely help a defense and being in Kentucky means he is battle tested. That being said, Tampa has been on a rampage drafting DBs in the past couple of years it’ll be tough for Edwards to immediately carve out a spot. He can play in the box and cover half the field, so there’s potential to develop into a good player.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 14 - Singapore Sentinels - Michael Jackson Sr., CB, Miami (FL)

Rational: This pick is more of a B as a prospect but Jackson landed in a great situation in Dallas. He is long with the ability to get pressure so it’s a unique skill set from the jump. He should earn a roster spot from his special teams ability and there’s a real chance he could parlay into a starting spot on defense. It may be more realistic to give him a year or two for the latter to take place. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 15 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - John Cominsky, DL, Charleston

Rational: This pick is more of a B+ in terms of talent, but there will be a transition period coming from Charleston to the NFL. More importantly at that 286 pound range it’s difficult projecting someone like that into a 4-3. That being said subpackage value is possible if he can generate a pass rush. He’s not going from 3 sacks (though 16.5 TFL is impressive) to similar production in the NFL so this screams developmental prospect. Playing time is another barrier with Jarrett locking one spot down. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 16 - Williamsport Soul Reavers - Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida

Rational: This pick is an A+ in terms of talent, and a B+ in terms of opportunity to play. Buffalo has its two sub package starters in Milano and Edmunds, so Joseph will have to start out on special teams. He’s hot and cold in terms of film, but speed can’t be coached. Being from Miami is an added bonus, and he was very good when I watched him in person this year.

• Like 7

If anybody is interested in picking up a little pre free agency depth I am offering

LB Kiko Alonzo & RB LeSean McCoy as a package in return for one depth player.

Or

Alonzo, McCoy, and Dan Feeny for 1-2 depth players (or all 3 for a 2021 draft pick)

24 minutes ago, MD4L said:

BDL UDFA Draft Grades

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 1 - Williamsport Soul Reavers - Safety Marquise Blair, Utah

Rational: He got picked pretty high so there’s inevitably an opportunity to earn playing time rather quickly. The Seahawks tend to be good at using average athletes and develop them into good players. His athleticism makes him more of a two man under safety rather than a single high cover man.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 2 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - Hjalte Froholdt, OG, Ark

Rational: When the Patriots target guys you can at least count on a player becoming rather successful if they really like him. Froholdt comes with a ZBS body type and is strong, which will be important because his short arms. Screech has a tendency to make guys really good especially on the interior OL without spending high capital. It may not occur year one, but Froholdt should develop into a starter. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 3 - Singapore Sentinels - Mecole Hardman Jr. WR Georgia

Rational: When you get a guy that works with Patrick Mahomes and possibly replacing Tyreek Hill, there’s excellent value. Additionally, as a second round choice, he’s going to get every opportunity to contribute for arguably the leagues premier offense. His college production was mediocre and perhaps another player would’ve been a better fit from a prospect standpoint (Parris Campbell IRL), but I’m not going to bet against KC’s front office. Quality upside here even if there’s a floor.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 4 - Portland Horned Owls - Drew Sample, TE, Washington

Grade: C-

Rational: The value in blocking TEs is rough, and Sample wasn’t a big producer in Washington. That being said he’s a 2nd round pick so the Bengals definitely saw somethings they liked about him, and he’s got an easy way to playing time if Tyler Eifert’s health betrays him as it has the past couple of years. Add in Zac Taylor’s offensive mindset making this his second selection as coach, and there’s a real chance Sample gets reps early in his career, which is hard to ask for more at this stage (even though there’s some talent remaining). 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 5 - Wichita Woodpeckers - Trysten Hill DT, UCF

Rational: He killed the combine and the Cowboys coveted him for quite some time. If you scouted him you probably recall his conference championship effort against Memphis and that boost helped his draft stock for what was a below average season in terms of production. The wear and tear on him isn’t like other prospects but there are character concerns with him. Still, I value athletic guys quite a bit and Dallas seems to love him. If he buys into Marinelli coaching style, we should see a year one impact. Playing time is there for the taking.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 6 - Camden Hood Rats - Maxx Crosby EDGE, EMU

Rational: Lower level guys tend to need some time to become adjusted to the NFL playing speed. Luckily Crosby posses NFL caliber athleticism with some pass rush moves. Oakland will have one edge rusher spot solidified with Ferrell.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 7 - Cuba Smugglers - Will Harris, S, Boston College

Rational: In my mind this is an A pick. Boston College has done a great job sending guys to the league on defense like John Johnson. Harris has experience playing single high, in the box, and covering slot receivers. Add in Matt Patricia’s Belichick lite ability to develop at that position and there’s upside to this pick. He’s a great athlete so it’s skeptical as to why he was rarely around the ball in terms of INTs and PBUs, hence the slight ding.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 8 - Gotham Gashslayers - Jahlani Tavai, Rainbow Warrior - LB

Rational: Lets start with the value here. A high second round choice in RL is outstanding, and with playing time possibilities immediately, Tavai has an easy path to playing time and making this grade look silly. That being said he’s not a standout athlete although he did have high level production in Hawaii. The step in competition could be a problem, but my opinion says the development process could take a year or two. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 9 - Singapore Sentinels - Ben Powers, OG, Oklahoma

Rational: This is a good pick though guards are rarely sexy choices. He’s got some Richie Incognito in him on the field which is a good thing. He’s got long arms and moves well at his size. Part of the NCAAs top offensive line with three years worth of starts. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 10 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Bobby Okereke, Linebacker, Stanford

Rational: I grew on him quite a bit during the scouting process. He was a sleeper but the Colts drafted him high with beliefs that he could be Darius Leonard 2.0. He’s got quality production and did himself well at the combine. Anthony Walker is the incumbent starter at MLB, but the Colts are big on open competition. Okereke could be one of the best picks looking back a few years from now.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 11 - Seoul Dragons - Ryqell Armstead, RB, Jacksonville

Rational: There’s some upside here as Armstead held his own at the combine. Jacksonville has a bell cow with some off field issues and nothing else that jumps off the page at RB. Armstead has a skill set that fits what the Jags wasn’t so there’s upside that this pick is good for Ted.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 12 - Oklahoma City EF5s - LB Quincy Williams, Murray State

Grade: C

Rational: The value here is great. Whicker talks about how NFL teams making such decisions having more knowledge than we do. He’s absolutely right in that regard. However as a prospect this guy was a relative unknown by the masses. He’s 5’11,  225, with 33 inch arms, and a 4.56 40 at his pro day. It’s definitely a developmental process projecting his ability to play. He can become a special team ace which will make this pick good in the NFL. In BDL, he’s got some transition go deal with, and Whicker could consider this a win if Williams can develop into a defensive role.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 13 - Louisiana Jazz - Devin Singletary, Running Back, Florida Atlantic

Rational: I’m conflicted. On one hand, Singletary should have been drafted in BDL. He got drafted high enough IRL, and there’s a chance LeSean McCoy won’t be on Buffalo’s roster at some point this year which would open up a competition Singletary can certainly take advantage of considering Gore is an older player and Yeldon is more COP. On the other hand, Singletary was unimpressive from an athletic standpoint and has some real durability concerns over a multi year NFL career considering his college workload. RB positional value in BDL is more important than the NFL, and he does have a chance to become a solid player for a couple years. Ultimately this was a great pick with good value, but there’s a case this is where Singletary belongs, hence the B+.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 14 - Rome Eternals - OG Wes Martin, Indiana 

Rational: I’m not going to act like I scouted everyone, so my opinion on Martin doesn’t hold much weight. That being said, he started every game at LG for Indiana the past two seasons, and has some experience playing LT. 38 bench reps with 32 3/8 inch arms is impressive so he presumably fits the bill in a developmental guy. The Redskins had some offensive line injuries last season so Martin could get some snaps as soon as this season. Not a steal but I’m not going to call it a bad pick by any means.

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 15 - Rome Eternals - QB Jarret Stidham  War Eagle

Rational: Brady’s backup means two things. 1. He’s probably not seeing the field. 2. He will reap good value IRL within the next three years. Does that move the needle for Rome? I don’t think so. He’s a hot/cold prospect but he’s got some talent. There’s a real case his ceiling is low level starter and more likely a backup, so that is low value in BDL. 

PFA-1 Rnd / Pick 16 - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State/Atlanta Falcons

Rational: As a prospect, Sheffield is impressive. His body type suggest he can be a boundary CB. The issue aside from inconsistent tape is ATL has its secondary locked in already. Sheffield might evolve into a starter in time, but with experience with Isaiah Oliver not getting many reps as a rookie, Hockey will hope this is more of a Brian Poole situation. He would have been drafted higher if he was able to perform at the combine.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 1 - Hawaii Nightmarchers - Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State/Minnesota Vikings

Rational: I’m not a big fan of Mattison and that is the only reason this isn’t an A- at least. Minnesota invested in the offensive line after giving Kirk Cousins $28 million to play with a patchwork line. Dalvin Cook hasn’t always been durable so there’s an opportunity for playing time if there’s a mishap.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 2 - Rome Eternals - WR Hunter Renfrow.  Cloakland

Rational: Normally guys like Renfrow are on Medicaid but this guy can actually play. Renfrow has the look of a slot receiver and is seasoned well from his experience in Clemson.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 3 - Carolina Intimidators - Renell Wren, IDL, Arizona State

Rational: This is a solid selection as Wren has the potential to develop into a long term starter. He’s got some pass rush upside and did a fantastic job at the combine. He took a while to develop in college but it’s not inconceivable he can get a role next to Geno Atkins early in his career. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 4 - Louisiana Jazz - Sheldrick Redwine, Defensive Back, The University of Miami

Rational: Played a bevy of roles in Miami and has some blitz ability. He projects as a safety more than anything, and has production over multiple years. Great athlete. Being from Miami quietly makes this an A+ in my book. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 5 - Oklahoma City EF5s - Ryan Finley, QB, NC State 

Rational: Over the highest remaining QB that didn’t get taken? I like the other guy a bit more. As a prospect the actual grade is a C- because Finley projects as a backup. That being said Cincinnati isn’t a bad destination for a backup and it’s a new coach getting his first chance to draft his guy. It’s not inconceivable this is a Kyle Luletta situation, but Finley would have to get in trouble the week he earns the starting job to completely bottom out. RL backup QBs have zero value in BDL. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 6 - Seoul Dragons - Phil Haynes, OG, Seahawks

Rational: Apparently guards are the best way to get good grades. Love Phil Haynes and unlike the others, I think he’s got a real shot to be a good starter (also I actually scouted him). Seattle has competition but he figures to challenge for a starting spot at some point this season. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 7 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Sione Takitaki, Linebacker, BYU

Rational: He’s not an elite athlete but didn’t completely embarrass himself at the combine. The production checks off and he deserves respect for making it into the NFL from his prior mistakes. Unsure he’ll become more than a lynchpin on special teams though his draft status (more important than my opinion) projects otherwise. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 8 - Singapore Sentinels - Gary Jennings Jr. WR West Virginia

Rational: This pick is an A-, but when you figure Baldwin may retire, and the open nature Seattle tends to have in terms of competition, you can’t blame anyone for being optimistic about Jennings chances at carving out a solid career in Seattle. Even if Metcalf establishes a role, Russell is such a free will player that guys get opportunities to play. Deep speed is a plus.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 9 - Gotham Gashslayers - Daylon Mack, NT, Texas A&M

Rational: He earned a lot of money with his production this year. He went to the senior bowl and played well, then had a respectable combine. The massive size gives you NT potential and those guys are actually helpful in BDL. Can easily be an A pick in a few years.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 10 - Cuba Smugglers - Austin Bryant, Edge, Clemson

Rational: How can I dislike my own choice? I really wanted someone from Clemson’s DL. Trading down lost a chance to get Wilkins and Ferrell was already gone before I picked. Bryant has production for almost three years and an open lane to playing time in Detroit. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 11 - Camden Hood Rats - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky

Rational: This is more reward than risk, hence the good grade. Snell is a workhorse and isn’t overly athletic for his size. That being said he falls into an interesting situation in Pittsburgh as they love bell cows and have a well established starter in James Conner and Jaylen Samuels didn’t embarrass himself when his chance came around. Pittsburgh claims they will be more diverse with their RB touches. The public needs to see it to believe it.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 12 - Wichita Woodpeckers -  Darius Slayton, WR, Auburn

Rational: This is actually an A- choice but Slayton fell pretty far in the draft. That being said, the Giants receiving corps isn’t necessarily locked down after Sterling Shepard and Slayton has the ability to lid lift opposing defenses. I see him carving out a Devery Henderson type of role.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 13 - Portland Horned Owls - Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

Rational: Xmad had to be deflated going from a high flyer in Slayton to a limited safety prospect like Edwards. Limited could be considered an insult but his skill set can definitely help a defense and being in Kentucky means he is battle tested. That being said, Tampa has been on a rampage drafting DBs in the past couple of years it’ll be tough for Edwards to immediately carve out a spot. He can play in the box and cover half the field, so there’s potential to develop into a good player.

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 14 - Singapore Sentinels - Michael Jackson Sr., CB, Miami (FL)

Rational: This pick is more of a B as a prospect but Jackson landed in a great situation in Dallas. He is long with the ability to get pressure so it’s a unique skill set from the jump. He should earn a roster spot from his special teams ability and there’s a real chance he could parlay into a starting spot on defense. It may be more realistic to give him a year or two for the latter to take place. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 15 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - John Cominsky, DL, Charleston

Rational: This pick is more of a B+ in terms of talent, but there will be a transition period coming from Charleston to the NFL. More importantly at that 286 pound range it’s difficult projecting someone like that into a 4-3. That being said subpackage value is possible if he can generate a pass rush. He’s not going from 3 sacks (though 16.5 TFL is impressive) to similar production in the NFL so this screams developmental prospect. Playing time is another barrier with Jarrett locking one spot down. 

PFA-2 Rnd / Pick 16 - Williamsport Soul Reavers - Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida

Rational: This pick is an A+ in terms of talent, and a B+ in terms of opportunity to play. Buffalo has its two sub package starters in Milano and Edmunds, so Joseph will have to start out on special teams. He’s hot and cold in terms of film, but speed can’t be coached. Being from Miami is an added bonus, and he was very good when I watched him in person this year.

Everybody passed!!

• Like 1

Screw it.  Have a 2020 mock.  I am positive I missed some 2019 draft choices somewhere/missed someone's trade/missed a couple prospects/missed someone you will 3Up, but y'all can deal with it.  I did the draft order basically just by looking at the QB.  Once the draft stuff is in the spreadsheet, I'll give a more serious order.

SEO - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Seoul needs to give Kyler another WR if Green leaves.
OKC - Chase Young, Edge - They need a 3rd edge rusher and Young is a beast.
CUB(CAM) - Andrew Thomas, OT - They get a franchise LT to pair with Havenstein.
LOU - Grant Delpit, S - They will desperately need a safety next year and Delpit is a stud.
ANC - Travon Diggs, CB - Corner may be a concern next year depending on how guys develop and Diggs will be a #1.
WIC - A.J. Epenesa, Edge - Graham is still good, but even if Key develops, they need another stud to rush the passer. 
GOT - Tu’a Tagovailoa, QB - Stafford will probably never win a BizzBowl and if Wentz gets hurt again, Gotham will need a reliable starter. 
CUB - Lariska Shenault, WR - A studly #2 to pair with Julio could be a need next year.
HAW(WIL) - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE - Vance will be a FA and Al O is an elite athlete. 
CAR - Tyler Biadasz, C - Both Cs will be FAs next year and Biadasz starts D1.
ROM - Justin Herbert, QB - Brees may not get re-signed, and if Trubisky doesn’t take that next step, Rome could replace him at QB.
BER - Nick Coe, Edge - Houston will likely be gone, and if the young guys don’t step up, Coe would pair nicely with Lawrence. 
IC - Derrick Brown, INT - IC would sprint up to take Brown to give them a great 3 man rotation inside. 
HAW - Walker Little, OT - Decker may leave and Bulaga is old. Here’s a new LT.
ANC(SIN) - Collin Johnson, WR - They get a massive WR to help Kirk on the outside.
ANC(POR) - Isaiah Simmons, LB/S - They add speed on the second level.  I think Simmons plays LB in the pros. 

SEO - J.K. Dobbins, RB - Same idea as the first pick, they’ll only have David Johnson under contract next year.
OKC - Raekwon Davis, INT - With only two interior defenders, they grab a stud in the middle.  DL rebuilt. 
WIL(CAM) - Travis Etienne, RB - McCoy is being shopped and Devonta has been ineffective lately. 
LOU - Anfernee Jennings, LB - They need a presence at LBer and Anfernee can play a number of roles. 
ROM(ANC) - Jaylon Johnson, CB - With only 3 CBs under contract after this year, talent is needed. 
WIC - C.J. Henderson, CB - Kirkpatrick will be their only CB under contract after this year.
GOT - Xavier McKinney, S - Everyone but Minkah will be a FA after this year. 
CUB - Tre Smith, OT/OG - They add another stud to their OL to pair with DeCastro.
ANC(WIL) - Jake Fromm, QB - If Kirk doesn’t impress this year, they need a replacement.
CAR - Dylan Moses, LB - If Wagner leaves, they desperately need a LB. 
ROM - CeeDee Lamb, WR - They have a ton of WRs hitting FA next year and Lamb is explosive. 
BER - K.J. Costello, QB - The QB of the future.
IC - Najee Harris, RB - Chubb will be their only RB under contract next year and Harris is very good value. 
HAW - Terrell Lewis, Edge - Awesome value and they have no one proven across form Clark if Clowney leaves.
BER(SIN) - Mekhi Becton, OT - With Kolton staying on at LT, I’ll know if he needs to be replaced next year.
POR - Jabari Zuniga, Edge - They have serious question marks at edge rusher and Zuniga could have gone half a round earlier.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Everybody passed!!

What incentive did I have to give someone a D/F? Nobody drafted a UDFA or lower than a 5th.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I think the evaluation of the two pics that I made is spot-on. I think they're both boom or bust types of players

I forgot Joseph was available/thought someone already took him. 

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1