BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

On 6/9/2019 at 1:56 PM, pheltzbahr said:

Bids can not exceed the salary cap, whichever one you put you over is invalid.

On 6/9/2019 at 5:20 AM, TedLavie said:

I don't remember what's the exact rules on this, but Lukic bids go above his cap space. Not sure if they're valid

On 6/9/2019 at 5:26 AM, WFLukic said:

Hmm, you're right. Barely though. I can clear the cap so it should be fine and someone will outbid me shortly anyway on one of them.

@Hockey5djh

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Why?

You were over the cap after offering KJ Wright. No longer the case.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Well we can't pick and choose when we enforce that rule.  If hockey's bid is invalid.  Lukic has to make new offers on Campbell and Atkins 

That would also make my offer on Jurrell Casey invalid since I bidded Lukic up on that. Widespread implications.

26 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well we can't pick and choose when we enforce that rule.  If hockey's bid is invalid.  Lukic has to make new offers on Campbell and Atkins 

I think that's a bunch of unnecessary complications we would get into. But if that's what the people want I won't oppose 

Why cant people just make sure they have cap space before they make bids?

I've never made a proposal before but I am now, every time someone makes an illegal bid due to going over cap, they get docked a draft pick. Lowest round in upcoming season.

Maybe the implication of losing a draft pick will ensure people take 5 seconds to make sure they have the space to make a legal bid and avoid any waterfall effect from an illegal bid.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I've never made a proposal before but I am now, every time someone makes an illegal bid due to going over cap, they get docked a draft pick. Lowest round in upcoming season.

Maybe the implication of losing a draft pick will ensure people take 5 seconds to make sure they have the space to make a legal bid and avoid any waterfall effect from an illegal bid.

Yeah baby I just bid on your PP

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The summer meetings are coming up. Someone should bring this back up.

• Like 1

I'd like to follow up on what @RuskieTitan suggested and make another suggestion and that is that we appoint someone for free agency that is responsible for making sure that every bid he is valid and that people are not going over their cap when they bid on players. Yes I understand how much work this would be and how much of a pain in the butt it would be but if it's this person's job to also signify when someone is hypothetically supposed to be docked a draft pick I mean things are going to get consistent pretty darn quick.

In case you are wondering yes I am absolutely volunteering to do that job