BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

7 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

They should put that building in a Godzilla movie so he could wreck it in a most creative way.

I feel that it happened already this week...haha.

Dragons came and crushed it.

giphy.gif

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@TedLavie @SirA1

Hey guys, @RuskieTitan pointed out that there are several players assigned the label of PS/Inactive when they are in fact active.  I was able to find the reason why, and it's because I'm using the spotrac link to a roster listing (contracts) that isn't actually giving the full roster list, not sure exactly why that is but switching the spotrac link to the salary (cap) listing is giving a larger list of names.  So I've created a new workbook calling it version 2 to fix this issue.  

While I'm at it I'm going to eliminate the sheet33, that was a horrible idea anyway but it was my first attempt at ever linking 32 rosters into a workbook.  I've gotten better since then and there is a much easier way to do this and will be easy to correct and see when there is an actual issue, so we can see it and fix as they happen.  

Anyway, I figured I'd ask if there is anything additional that you think needs addressing within the workbook.  Or if any of you guys that don't mess with the workbook on a daily basis would like us to try to work in let us know.  For example, I'd like to see my list of available draft picks (2020) in my team sheet, so I don't have to run and look at that stuff in another sheet.  Also makes it easier for someone looking to trade and could prevent less mistakes when posting trades in the forum thread.   

A better example would be including a "Trade Block" sheet.  You guys seem to have liked the Shark Tank set up, and this is right up there with it, in my opinion.  How it works is you either enter the player info you are putting on the block and for possibly what you're looking for in return or better yet using the main workbook itself, might be kinda cool to be able to edit some things within the workbook besides just looking at it.  Anyway, once you enter the information in, you'd be able to view them all in one sheet, showing which players are on the block and for possibly what they are looking for in trade.

Now is the time to let me know, I'll be working on this for the next few days.  

Anyway, just some ideas that I think would be cool to see but I won't include that type of stuff without your "OK" but I do plan to make those changes because of the known issue with the spotrac linking not providing the full list of names and the whole sheet33 mess that it is...ha.

Building a workbook and using it are completely two different things,   Since getting back in this as co-GM for Singapore I'm actually using the workbook and there are things I'd change simply for navigation ease, seeing what I want to see on a single page so please if you have things you'd change about it tell me.  

Nothing...