BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, BringinDaPain said:

Sure, this is what have been waiting on.. Yea, I had a game written up but was late with it. I went to check to see if Sira had posted it yet, because it had been a few hrs earlier in the day. When I came back after finishing the write up sadly I was too late it was posted.. I was still going to turn it in any way but something caught my eye.. They were several Owners had already voted on the win by the poll count at that time, so I said screw it.. I will take the week 1 lose to Jlas but my question is everyone going to bias all year?

You have a voice. Use it. Speak up. They could've created another thread imo if a mistake had been made.

3 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

Sure, this is what have been waiting on.. Yea, I had a game written up but was late with it. I went to check to see if Sira had posted it yet, because it had been a few hrs earlier in the day. When I came back after finishing the write up sadly I was too late it was posted.. I was still going to turn it in any way but something caught my eye.. They were several Owners had already voted on the win by the poll count at that time, so I said screw it.. I will take the week 1 lose to Jlas but my question is everyone going to bias all year?

It had been over 24 hours past the deadline, and Sira hadn't posted either of our lineups yet. Don't make it seem like everyone jumped on voting for a late write up and you got discouraged. You bailed, simple.

Ok. All done now. Carry on everyone.

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Alright guys,  Sadly no additional stuff, was really hoping you guys would be down for a trade block if nothing else to prevent @wwhickok from posting every 10 minutes that he's got a player on the block...haha...Just kidding man.  

But here is the updated version of the workbook.  I've asked @TedLavie and @SirA1 to take a look at it but if you guys see anything out of place let me know as I had to remove and replace team pages.

I also added a suspended section in the player database sheet that is also linked to spotrac.

If we could start generating a list of players, that are listed as something other than RL FA or Active (on a team) we can make those corrections as linking that many names if the spelling isn't exact or if the position is wrong, it won't show the correct status.

edit:  forgot the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c539yGKTQs_U7nouAWlCSwHEUa0pboqYJJ2bUeg0wxA/edit?usp=sharing

I've liked all the workbook stuff, this looks cool. When I get a couple minutes I'll poke around at it and let you know about any questions.

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Alright.  I've got two options on how I'd build it.

1.  Using a form, similar to the shark tank setup.  

2. Within the master workbook where you can edit a few columns in the team page.

Do you got a preference?

Drop down menu that says on block etc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Alright guys,  Sadly no additional stuff, was really hoping you guys would be down for a trade block if nothing else to prevent @wwhickok from posting every 10 minutes that he's got a player on the block...haha...Just kidding man.  

But here is the updated version of the workbook.  I've asked @TedLavie and @SirA1 to take a look at it but if you guys see anything out of place let me know as I had to remove and replace team pages.

I also added a suspended section in the player database sheet that is also linked to spotrac.

If we could start generating a list of players, that are listed as something other than RL FA or Active (on a team) we can make those corrections as linking that many names if the spelling isn't exact or if the position is wrong, it won't show the correct status.

edit:  forgot the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c539yGKTQs_U7nouAWlCSwHEUa0pboqYJJ2bUeg0wxA/edit?usp=sharing

Lmfao, it's funny because its true.

2 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Everyone keeps taking about trade blocks. I work under that opinion that nobody on my team is untradable. If you want a starter you need to either include a replacement player back and/or think I have a quality back-up behind them that can fill in.

Agreed. Some people I'm much more willing to trade than others though.