BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

From here on out. When I update my trade Block (starting in the offseason) I will put the price I'm asking, you're welcome to pay more, I wont take less.

Barrett is easily worth a 1st or 2nd. His production reflects that. The ONLY reason I gave him away to Lancaster is because I can only 3 up 3 ppl.

But dont insult me with low ball offers.

You made a mistake IMO. You displayed weakness. These GMs are like sharks, and you just cut yourself in open water. You cannot give away players for cheap like that. Now, even though this is what you say, all the others know they can simply out wait until the price drops substantially. 

This is why I refuse to just give away players. Show no weakness, give no quarter. If I must let a player walk than acquire a late pick, so be it. But whatever the situation may be with my roster, I won't allow another team to dictate terms or take advantage. 

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You made a mistake IMO. You displayed weakness

Not true. He wasn't going to get a ton for a guy who is doing this on just a single year of production, with an expiring contract.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If I must let a player walk than acquire a late pick

Dumb. Even if you trade him for a pick, no one is forcing you to do anything. No one is dictating anything if you're putting the player on the block and actively shopping him.

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Not true. He wasn't going to get a ton for a guy who is doing this on just a single year of production, with an expiring contract.

Dumb. Even if you trade him for a pick, no one is forcing you to do anything. No one is dictating anything if you're putting the player on the block and actively shopping him.

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I actually agree with both of these comments. 

Theres a higher likelihood that Lancaster just gave up a 5th (rl 3rd) for a guy that is gonna get paid and disappear.

Really that's not my issue. I shouldn't have even brought up that trade cuz it wasnt about that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You made a mistake IMO. You displayed weakness. These GMs are like sharks, and you just cut yourself in open water. You cannot give away players for cheap like that. Now, even though this is what you say, all the others know they can simply out wait until the price drops substantially. 

This is why I refuse to just give away players. Show no weakness, give no quarter. If I must let a player walk than acquire a late pick, so be it. But whatever the situation may be with my roster, I won't allow another team to dictate terms or take advantage. 

Ppl can try to take advantage of me all they want. But I'm pretty happy with my Trades this season. The one thing I didnt accomplish that I would've liked to is getting a 1st round pick again but I have increased the # of picks I have considerably and the ones I've given up have been for legit talent. Like Jlash said, no one forces me to do anything. If ppl come to me and want to low ball me, that's fine they'll just find out how much they're underestimating me as a GM

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually agree with both of these comments. 

Theres a higher likelihood that Lancaster just gave up a 5th (rl 3rd) for a guy that is gonna get paid and disappear.

Really that's not my issue. I shouldn't have even brought up that trade cuz it wasnt about that.

Cameron Wake didn't break out until 2010, when he was 28 years out and 5 years after he went undrafted. In 5 of the following 8 seasons he had double digit sacks and 8.5, 8.5, 7 in the others. That's great prime production.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Cameron Wake didn't break out until 2010, when he was 28 years out and 5 years after he went undrafted. In 5 of the following 8 seasons he had double digit sacks and 8.5, 8.5, 7 in the others. That's great prime production.

If Barrett becomes a stud, that's fine. 

Good for @rackcs if theres one potential playoff team I'm good with helping out, it's his. I got something for a guy I wasnt bringing back. I'm at peace with it.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

If Barrett becomes a stud, that's fine. 

Good for @rackcs if theres one potential playoff team I'm good with helping out, it's his. I got something for a guy I wasnt bringing back. I'm at peace with it.

It’s your team you don’t have to justify anything. Trade who you want when you want. If you have a vision follow it. 

• Like 1