BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

If if it was ten projected out he'd have 17 td and 10 picks.  Almost identical to Dak 

I think it would be more like 12.5 and 7.5...but doesn't matter.  What you're doing with this logic is dismissing the players that have played 10 games IRL.  

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Maybe...or he could get hurt again.  Look man I think Brees career wise is one of the best if not the best.  Injuries are part of the system I use and as I mentioned before it's cumulative.  PFF has him the 4th ranked QB based on what?  3 1/2 games.  What you're saying is speculation.   

If I went back and did this same system, in previous years he'd be ranked in the top 5 probably every year.  Not sure if PFF accounts for that or not but I go year to year. 

Nope pff starts fresh every season.  Hence why I've always had an issue going with total stats as a judgment.  Are you you able to to tweak your system to make it per game played 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Nope pff starts fresh every season.  Hence why I've always had an issue going with total stats as a judgment.  Are you you able to to tweak your system to make it per game played 

It would take some doing but yes.  Basically a rebuild of what I have now.

If they start fresh I don't see how they have Brees ranked 4th.  He's basically had two good games, got hurt in week two and this past week was bad for him, no TD's and 6 sacks.  Atlanta isn't lighting it up this year either.

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If they start fresh I don't see how they have Brees ranked 4th.  He's basically had two good games, got hurt in week two and this past week was bad for him, no TD's and 6 sacks.  Atlanta isn't lighting it up this year either.

To add...i don't like doing it like that because it jumps players like Matt Barkley type players to the top when they had like 10 attempts a td and a passer ratings of 130 or something.  

Ive actually got something I could use but it wouldn't show bdl team assignments.  If youre interested.

23 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Defense coming shortly....let me know what you think.

If I were the owners of Hawaii i'd be a little peeved.

Russell Wilson is having an MVP type season and you just ranked them as 14 out of 16 for passing QB and 15 out of 16 for rushing QB.

Saquon Barkley is a top 3 RB in the league and the ranked 16/16 in rushing and #11/16 in receiving RB. Cohen and Mattison are no slouches as back-ups either.

I understand that depth matters but I think its being overvalued in your rankings....by a lot.

47 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Blocking isn't his fault. For some reason the center LG and LT position couldn't block  that side of the Falcons line Sunday 

I really like PFF for their lime grades and wr /cb grades cause they those are more one on one situational things that can be gauged.  I hardly ever pay attention to the their qb, RB rankings tho as those depend on what's in front of them part 

53 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

If I were the owners of Hawaii i'd be a little peeved.

Russell Wilson is having an MVP type season and you just ranked them as 14 out of 16 for passing QB and 15 out of 16 for rushing QB.

Saquon Barkley is a top 3 RB in the league and the ranked 16/16 in rushing and #11/16 in receiving RB. Cohen and Mattison are no slouches as back-ups either.

I understand that depth matters but I think its being overvalued in your rankings....by a lot.

Right...I pointed out a few post back that the quarterback rankings were off because they were pulling from the wrong column of data...New rankings has Wilson near the top of the list, if not the top can't recall.

Saquon isn't a top 3 this year, last year absolutely.

39 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I really like PFF for their lime grades and wr /cb grades cause they those are more one on one situational things that can be gauged.  I hardly ever pay attention to the their qb, RB rankings tho as those depend on what's in front of them part 

Really any individual ranking is never going to be perfect and I get that it's a team sport where the opponent's players, scheme, blown assignments and a million other things determine the outcome.  There are some PFF grades/rankings that I tend to agree with and some that I don't.  A bad offensive line will definitely make a quarterback or running back look bad but it also makes the entire team look bad.  Receivers aren't getting their yards, defense is on the field longer...etc.