Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I understand your point,  but I feel like it should be pointed out that LaFleur's links to the Shanahans are more extensive than McVay.

This is true. He is more of a Shanahan guy than McVay. I think McVay just liked him from when he was brought on in Washington. If you look into his background, he spent more time with Dad and Son Shanahan (ATL, Wash) than McVay. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

This is true. He is more of a Shanahan guy than McVay. I think McVay just liked him from when he was brought on in Washington. If you look into his background, he spent more time with Dad and Son Shanahan (ATL, Wash) than McVay. 

Yup his brother is also currently on staff with the Niners. I believe he's passing game coordinator/ wide receiver coach.

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

Folks also laughed when we hired McCarthy back in the day.

So then are you one of the few Packer fans who think McCarthy was a good coach and shouldn't have been let go or did he just ride the coattails of Rodgers?

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Correct. But what I’m getting at that no one is getting has nothing to do with the way the offense is schemed, or utilizing talent correctly, or lack of creativity. It’s his inexperience as a play caller. He’s a bright guy and I’m not saying he won’t learn from some of his mistakes here, but the fact of the matter is, he wasn’t a good play caller for us. And it wasn’t because he’s stupid or  because he sucks, it was because he was so green. I know Packer fans are quick to defend their new guy but it’s not a shot at LaFleur it’s just an honest assessment.

That will hopefully come with experience. Titans fans have the best insight on his play calling so we hear ya, just have to hope he gets better the more he’s able to call plays. 

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So then are you one of the few Packer fans who think McCarthy was a good coach and shouldn't have been let go or did he just ride the coattails of Rodgers?

McCarthy is a heck of a HC. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t time for both sides to move on. The best example of the situation is the one with Reid and Philly. I fully expect Mac to bounce back on another team much like Reid was able to. 

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Todd Monken is being pursued to replace LeFleur. Doesn't seem like the best candidate in terms of potential but he at least seems like a guy who won't become a head coach anytime soon.

Where’d you hear this from?

30 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Todd Monken is being pursued to replace LeFleur. Doesn't seem like the best candidate in terms of potential but he at least seems like a guy who won't become a head coach anytime soon.

Monken was reportedly GB's 2nd choice after LaFleur. He could get a HC gig pretty damn soon.

Archived