Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

A next years 1st and 2nd and this years 7th is better than a this years 2nd and next years 1st. I agree.

i just don’t get why he rushed and didn’t negotiate at all? I would’ve added a this years 7th to get the deal done. It’s the same deal except he gets the 2nd now instead of next year.

Just fyi, some people dont care to spend time haggling back and forth. You coming back with marginally better offers bit by bit takes more time than coming in with a strong enough offer to make the other person decide to say yes.

Sometimes it may mean paying close to what you'd feel your max best offer would be. Still potentially gives you a little leeway, if you chose to bump it up. But I've discovered that if you want to land a deal, trying to nickel and dime your savings on a mid/late pick will cost you the deal, whereas coming in strong, maybe a little more than you hoped for, and you can secure the deal and everyone is happy.

Plus the added side bonus of future trades - GMs know what they are dealing with, someone who is serious and gets it done, or someone who feels like a dentist visit.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Just fyi, some people dont care to spend time haggling back and forth. You coming back with marginally better offers bit by bit takes more time than coming in with a strong enough offer to make the other person decide to say yes.

Sometimes it may mean paying close to what you'd feel your max best offer would be. Still potentially gives you a little leeway, if you chose to bump it up. But I've discovered that if you want to land a deal, trying to nickel and dime your savings on a mid/late pick will cost you the deal, whereas coming in strong, maybe a little more than you hoped for, and you can secure the deal and everyone is happy.

Plus the added side bonus of future trades - GMs know what they are dealing with, someone who is serious and gets it done, or someone who feels like a dentist visit.

The only thing he added was a pick next year instead of this year, and a late pick. 

I would’ve matched that late pick had I been given the opportunity, or changed whatever he requested. 

I do love that you say this but also crapped on me for rushing the Landry deal when I literally had an open thread bidding war.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I do love that you say this but also crapped on me for rushing the Landry deal when I literally had an open thread bidding war.

You still don't get it, do you?

Your Landry deal, you were the seller. There was no time table for you to have to have jumped at the first deal offered. 

In this case, you missed out on the trade as the buyer. If you think being the buyer and seller is the same thing, then sure, this is exactly like the Landry deal, LIS.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You still don't get it, do you?

Your Landry deal, you were the seller. There was no time table for you to have to have jumped at the first deal offered. 

In this case, you missed out on the trade as the buyer. If you think being the buyer and seller is the same thing, then sure, this is exactly like the Landry deal, LIS.

And you’re giving him excuses as the seller... when he literally waited 5 minutes to trade arguably the best LB in the league.

Im just bummed I wasn’t given the opportunity to negotiate a deal. That’s all. You’re looking to far into this.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

And you’re giving him excuses as the seller... when he literally waited 5 minutes to trade arguably the best LB in the league.

Im just bummed I wasn’t given the opportunity to negotiate a deal. That’s all. You’re looking to far into this.

1. Didn't realize I traded Kuechly away already

2. Yeah, he could have waited. But it's the draft, with live picks going on. Time frame is a little different than when we are talking a month before any deadline

3. As a divisional rival, I'm glad you are bummed and missed out on Wagner

13 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The only thing he added was a pick next year instead of this year, and a late pick. 

I would’ve matched that late pick had I been given the opportunity, or changed whatever he requested. 

You would have needed to match the late pick, matched the future picks, and then added in more high picks since Malf likely will have a much earlier pick than you. I don't think you understand how far off your offer was compared to Malf's. Your offer was closer to rammy's than to Malf's and rammy's offer was pretty bad.

Archived