Around The League V.2

Totty

51 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think he knows how to delegate well also. He’s been gifted a QB that has tons of real potential and has been squandering it. Just doesn’t come off as a good overall leader of a team. 

He's just kind of been overrated his whole career.  He has all the traits you look for but when it comes down, it hasn't really amount to do anything in terms of the win loss column. I don't get me wrong I don't think Staley should've got the job well that hasn't helped either. 

Staley got hired because he was part of the McVeigh coaching tree but what makes the McVay coaching tree good in the first place is that it's supposed to be a descendent of the mike Shanahan play calling. The defensive guy so he gives you none of that and on top of it he actually doesn't even improve his side of the ball despite having all the pieces you need to be successful on defense. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think he knows how to delegate well also. He’s been gifted a QB that has tons of real potential and has been squandering it. Just doesn’t come off as a good overall leader of a team. 

Staley comes off across as a cocky child. The fact they kept him after that blown 27-0 lead, and was already heavily criticized before that, is crazy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Staley comes off across as a cocky child. The fact they kept him after that blown 27-0 lead, and was already heavily criticized before that, is crazy. 

What sucks to is it's low-key doomed them this year because if they lose like three out of the next four games he sure to be fired early which means they're gonna be stuck with some interim for most of the year

On 4/19/2023 at 2:44 PM, BayRaider said:

My Final Big Board:

1) Bryce Young

2) Anthony Richardson

3) CJ Stroud

4) Will Anderson Jr. 

5) Christian Gonzalez

6) Tyree Wilson

7) Jalen Carter

8 ) Paris Johnson (I really don’t want a RT at 7 though.. but it might happen if we deem Carter undraftable). I like Broderick more but Paris profiles better on the right side. 

Trade down targets, pick 10 or later:

1) Lukas Van Ness. I’m a big Van ness fan. I see so much TJ Watt in him. People sleeping on him. 

2) Deonte Banks

3) Joey Porter Jr. 

4) Devon Witherspoon

5) Nolan Smith

6) Calijah Kancey

7) Peter Skorinski

8 ) Myles Murphy

Tyree was a nice prospect, and had no issues with it, but Gonzalez was BPA imo. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

What sucks to is it's low-key doomed them this year because if they lose like three out of the next four games he sure to be fired early which means they're gonna be stuck with some interim for most of the year

And Staley is not even an X’s and O’s guy. He was totally outed by Mike McDaniel’s post game interview last year saying their DC sets the schemes and gameplans and literally laughed at the idea of Staley putting together a gameplan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He's just kind of been overrated his whole career.  He has all the traits you look for but when it comes down, it hasn't really amount to do anything in terms of the win loss column. I don't get me wrong I don't think Staley should've got the job well that hasn't helped either. 

Staley got hired because he was part of the McVeigh coaching tree but what makes the McVay coaching tree good in the first place is that it's supposed to be a descendent of the mike Shanahan play calling. The defensive guy so he gives you none of that and on top of it he actually doesn't even improve his side of the ball despite having all the pieces you need to be successful on defense. 

Could not say it better. He is the epitome of dragging along the coattails. Absolute coaching tree nepotism at that point. I’m sure he’s a fine position or even coordinator again but he is not a head coach. It’s pretty obvious and I find it hard to believe he will be in that position next year barring something out of left field. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Could not say it better. He is the epitome of dragging along the coattails. Absolute coaching tree nepotism at that point. I’m sure he’s a fine position or even coordinator again but he is not a head coach. It’s pretty obvious and I find it hard to believe he will be in that position next year barring something out of left field. 

I hate coaching tree nepotism. I literally can't stand it. It's partially why I don't like the leadership we have currently

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Staley is a joke and holding the Chargers back (which we hope continues). Also, Kellen Moore is not the OC people think he is. McCarthy has Dak playing great in the first 2 weeks.

Luckily.... Spanos is a cheap and doesn't like to pay coaches. If they get the right offensive minded HC paired with Herbert, he will take off. His pure talent is undeniable. The coaching there is just abysmal top to bottom.