Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Obviously you want production as soon as possible, but if a guy is a slow burner like Namdi for example I’d rather get a guy like that than a guy who plays year one and is solid but doesn’t progress beyond solid if you know what I mean.

I didn’t mock Wilson as I had other players rated higher and I was worried about his slow get off and lack of any real counter or nuance to his game. I chose Gonzalez in ‘me v Ziegler’ but I’d have gone with Witherspoon too. I get what your saying and I guess what I would say would be you have to choose the right project 😁

That doesn't mean that Wilson can’t be a great player in time, and I think it’s fair we give him a little time. That’s not to say we couldn’t have chosen better of course and it is frustrating he’s not at a starting level given where he was taken, hence why I didn’t rate him that highly.

Nnamdi was #31 pick

i hear you and I’m ok with projects just @#7 you gotta have a productive college career with dominating take over games and a crazy combine even then it’s still risky. Esp for a team that needs help now.

gary was #13 iirc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think they are tanking on purpose. No way they are worse than the Bears. Payton hates Russ and that was clear before he even went there. 

ugh wish we were doing that, 1 more year of pain, for a legit chance at top 5 qb. 
Instead of tryin to be a mediocre team to be eliminated from playoffs by end of Nov. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nnamdi was #31 pick

i hear you and I’m ok with projects just @#7 you gotta have a productive college career with dominating take over games and a crazy combine even then it’s still risky. Esp for a team that needs help now.

gary was #13 iirc

Yeh, I think you’re missing my point here, I’m not arguing that Wilson was good value, and projects certainly should be taken later, I agree with that.

My point is I’m OK taking a project player if he’s got a high enough ceiling in general. For example, a Namdi took years to fulfill potential but it was worth the wait. Whether Wilson is worth the wait I don’t know and he seems like poor value at this point as he’s so raw. But if he’s a perennial Pro Bowler in a couple years then it’s obviously worth it. Miller was a bit of a project too and he’s proven worth it over a guy like McGlinchy who was seen as an instant starter. 

Wilson is a concern but I’m prepared to give him leeway, the FO however decided to take him #7 so that is a risk.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Just a random thought but RB's who wanted to get paid are proving why they shouldn't get paid. Jacobs ineffective. Barkley hurt again, and Ekeler hurt. 

Yep. Just all about all the high-end RBs are busts outside of CMC and Pollard. And this will be CMCs last good year at 27. RB’s die at 28 like clockwork. Just like WRs die at 33.

Saints have played four bad pass defenses in a row, Carr has the 2nd easiest pass defensive SOS for the season only behind Jordan Love, and Carr is probably in danger of being benched by midseason. You know how Carr gives up on plays early and dumps it off because he’s a afraid of staying in there til last second and taking a hit? That’s happening a lot. You know how Carr is an absolute horrendous play extender? That is happening a lot. You know how Carr is a Bottom 5 QB at throwing anticipation (throwing guys open)? That is on full display. If his WR’s aren’t wideeee open, he shuts down mentally. The fact this forum defended this dude for years makes my blood boil. He is so so so mediocre and I don’t know why some of you took so long to see it. It was apparent and clear as day in 2018 who Carr was. 

Edited by Tank4Drake